Danny Kings

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by master_cat, Nov 6, 2005.

1. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    any thoughts on danny kings punch bait does it work is it worth buying and can u put it on a looper rig any thoughts

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Hey master_cat, I love this stuff. I live in Texas and it really works well. I've left a few post about this bait. We fish with shad mostly, until, we found DK punch bait. I've never used a looper rig before, so I'm not sure if it would work. I think it might though. This bait stays on the hook very well. We haven't tried to catch Big Cats with it yet,but we have caught a mess of 2-4lbs cats. DK out fished shad in head to head test. I even had a shad on one hook and DK on the other on the same rig and it out fished the shad. You won't be blowin' yer money on this bait.

3. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Hey Master-cat the stuff works out here in maryland great for me. i use it in my guide service it will put cats in the boat on fast. Avg size cats love the stuff and you will pick up bigger ones from time to time. The biggest i have had on a trip was 21lb off of dannys bait. we just had around 70 cat on sundays trip and must of them was on dannys bait. check out the post in my outdoor talk forum pic's our there.

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    :cool: Yes it is awsome bait!!!! My friends allen and john went with me yesterday to Kerr lake and we bagged 30 fish in about 3 hours and they were all nice fish..Click on sponsor site and click on danny king testemonials..By the way he sponsors me and my partner Joe in the ACATS tournaments.

5. sw2324

sw2324 New Member

State:
    Texas
    If you think Danny King's work good, you should try Sure Shot punch bait. It is made in Decatur, Texas by Benny Roberts. Went to Lake Fork last week and caught more than we could count in about 20 feet of water. They wouldn't touch anything else. Most of them were in the 3 - 5 pound range.

6. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    Exellant bait!I'm a firm believer in it.The trick is to use a 1/0 treb with about a 18 in. leader to a swivel then a bead and a no roll sinker on the mainline.Just punch yer hook to the bottom and pull it out atabout a 45 angle while jerkin.It will bring in the cats.Went just yesterday and bagged 30 nice ones in a short time.

7. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    im a firm believer in dk's bait also never use anything but, its put me in the money several times at tournaments this year and i was able to qualify at cabelas using this bait also you cant go wrong.

8. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    I've used Sure-Shot and DK's both... they're both good baits, but after three head-to head tests last summer, DK's won out by a 5/2 margin.DK's outfished shad heads everywhere and every time I used them, even on a 2/0 treble drifting in deep water.

You ain't lived until you've experienced catfishing with Danny King's Punch Bait.

By the way, I tried using it on the Looper, but it just seems to have a better acceptance and hookup ratio on a treble.

9. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i quess im gonna buy some of this stuff just wonder if it will work in the winter along bluffs on the cumberland river

10. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    is DKs punch bait pink?

11. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Hey Madkater yes dk with blood is pink, is comes in original, blood and garlic. And in pt, qt. and gallons or you can get it in a 5 gallon bucket for us die hard catmen.

12. Mathersm

Mathersm New Member

State:
    Darbydale, Ohio
    Which type out of the three works better?

13. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Well i started with Original and used the whole gallon it worked great. Then i got a gallon of blood and it was the same if not better. I just started using the garlic and so far its doing ok. I would say maybe the blood has put bigger fish in the boat i have had fish over 20 lbs on it.

14. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    5GAL BUCKET! holy cow thats alotta pink punch bait

15. tackleman

tackleman New Member

State:
    Olathe. Kansas
    works good in kansas. its the only bait i use.

16. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    will it work in cold weather

17. tackleman

tackleman New Member

State:
    Olathe. Kansas
    It's been in the 30's and 40's here at night been catching cats in the 1 to 8lb range on the blood.

18. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Wish I could agree with you all on DK's catching abilities, BUT, I purchased a pint of the blood, fishing buddy got the original, have yet to get a bite on it. We know the fish are there, been catching them on everything else. I had my homemade dip bait(limbergercheese/beefbrains) on next to the DK, All I caught Cats on was my bait. My buddy had the original on at the same time along with some cut carp, which also was catching Cats. Maybe just the Cats in Milford Lake don't care for it.
    I don't believe it'll work on a Looper rig, to stringy. Have to say though, it does stay on a treble real well.

19. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    dk's blood works great here in north texas.

20. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Well fever sorry to hear it didn't work for you thats a first for me. I have used it in many rivers out here and in everyone Danny's bait put fish in the boat. I use it on treble hook of # 4 up to 1/0 in water 2 to 15 feet. And i like to use 3/0 to 5/0 treble in the deeper holes. it has put some blues over 20 in the boat so far.