Danny Kings Strikes Again-Braunig Lake

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by hillcountryfishin, Sep 7, 2007.

1. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    What started off as a bad day with two flats on the truck from some construction nails ended with a bang.
    Chuck and Tom Dewey been fishing with me for long time and tonight was exceptional.
    Things started off a little slow with 7 or 8 in the box , then we fished for some hybrids for a bit catching 5 or 6 keeping 3 of em'.
    Couple moves later and we found the fish. Chuck and Tommie ended with 33 nice cats and 3 hybrids but it wasn't till we called it a night and Tommie said "one more cast". Wham- lighted bobber under. Chuck was sitting down , I was get things packed up and Tommie kept fighting this fish. Tom's rod was doubled over something fierce. Chuck and I were giving him a hard time, saying just get the fish in.
    Not listening to us Tommie played him out on the spinning gear and got him near the boat after a couple minutes and then CHuck and I realized it was a good channel. Got him in the boat and thought it might be close to the Lake Record of 7.4 oz. Turned out Tommie did it. 8.0 lbs on the nose, 27 1/4' long. Beautiful Channel and New Pending Water Body Record for Braunig Lake.Thanks Tommie and Chuck and it couldn't have happened to finer gentlemen.
    All cats on Danny Kings Punchbait fishing shallow and hybrids on artificials.
    Congrats again to Tommie for beautiful Channel Cat.

TomBraunigrecord.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Roy J Lorenz

Roy J Lorenz New Member

State:
    Texas
    great job cliff. keep up the good work

3. FlashGordon

FlashGordon New Member

State:
    Texas
    Love the photo of all the fish. Don't think I've ever had a day like that. GREAT!:big_smile:

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on a great trip. Thanks for the report! :big_smile:

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    congratulations buddy, good fishing, keep them guys happy!!!!

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    [​IMG][​IMG]i hope this works..here are the pics of the fish from last weekend..wish i had landed a channel like that though..great fish buddy..gonna head out tomorrow after work...hey cliff n e tips for braunig ur willing to share??????

7. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Way to go cliff. You know how to keep the happy and returning week after week.

8. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Willcat, it's really pretty simple on most lakes. Follow the wind & birds and you'll find the fish.
    I always fish wind blown banks, particullary where herons/egrets are (they are there for a reason:wink:)
    Wind blows the plankton,shad follow the plankton and kitties are in tow.
    Now this isn't always the case but more times than not, it's what I look for to fill the cooler. Like anything there are exceptions but generally it's what I do or look for since I prefer to fish shallow (5 ft or less).
    Thanks Gents

9. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Looks like you guys had a blast.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on a great fishing trip. Looks like you did well. Do you eat all of those fish? You caught enough to fee a small town.:smile2:

11. LarryB

LarryB New Member

State:
    Longford,Kansas
    Cliff, do you use chum when you use the Danny kings? Thanks
    LarryB

12. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Larry, I usually do in late spring through the summer until things cool off in the fall.
    I use a combo of chicken scratch and wheat soured up with a handfull of shad in the middle.

Mickey- those were my guests fish and they usually feed their police dept. shift about once every two weeks, So ya, them boys can chow down on some kitties

13. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Been at it for a while, haven't had time to post up much but here's some pics of the latest.
    One of my favorites..is young brian with his biggest kitty yet and surely bigger to follow.
    Fishin' has been fair to great. Early mornings and evening's being the best.
    Same old tricks with me- punchbait and shallow water:wink:

Pics below
    briantoad-1.jpg

BruceBruceBraunig32.jpg

ChuckTom13sept.jpg

14. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Richard joined me tonight on Braunig and we had a blast. Fishing started off a bit slow (little ones) and then all heck broke loose. Hybrids busting the surface for about 5 minutes....commenced to catching those freight trains for about 5 minutes till the frenzy ended. Then the cattin picked back up. Rich ended up with a 25 fish limit and his best two channels ever @ 6.6 lbs and 7.2 pds , 25 and 26 inches. Really pretty channels. Got to see alot tonight...had a baby coon curiously try and get in the boat, saw some pelicans, and had a nice cool breeze keeping the skeeters off. Fish cooperating was just icing on the cake.
    All fish on Danny King's fishing about 4-6 ft deep.
    Richsept17.jpg

richhybrid.jpg

15. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    forgot Rich's toad channel cats

richbigboys.jpg

16. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    nice lookin fish there buddy, glad to see those customers are having a good time. i'll try to be on eof those customers soon enuff---still have'nt hit up braunig yet!!!

17. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    Thanks for sharing. I'm glad the "bang" wasn't the result of the nails in your tires:wink:.

-- Rich

18. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Thanks Gents,:wink:
    You and me both (the bang:smile2:) I was pretty mad but got it fixed quickly and on the road to the lake:)

19. hillcountryfishin

State:
    tx
    Thursday 9/20
    Braunig
    Tom and Chuck joined me again this week. Fishing started off a bit slow but we put it together in the end. Ended the night with 40 cats and 1 hyrbid. Tom had a streak a 10 fish in a row and won dinner from Chuck..lol. Chuck had some caught some nice fish in the end to even the score.Always fun and alot of laughs. Thanks Gents
    All fish cauhgt in 5-6 ft of water using Danny Kings
    Chucktom20sept.jpg

Tomchuck20sept.jpg

20. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    nice lookin catch there buddy, those are some loyal customers to ya good goin!!!