Danny kings punch bait

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by tomcat85, Dec 18, 2006.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    just wondering if anyone uses it and how well it works for channels? i also was wondering how well it stays on the hook in a creek or river.

2. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Tomcat,
    I bought a jar of the D.K. punch bait about 3 yrs. ago & haven't caught a fish off of it yet. In all honesty I haven't used it that much,but enough that I should have caught something on it. I have fished this side by side with Sonny's and like I said I have not caught a fish on D.K.,but catch one right after the other on Sonny's.JMO
    Glenn

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    thanks brother
    appreciate it mayeb ill get both and try them or something lol.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I use it and catch fish on it. I always have it with me in the box and is my goto bait when all else fails. I have been using blood and original and have caught many fish on it. Now that is here in NC. I have also caught my biggest catfish out of lake Jordan on it. Now that is during fall, spring and winter. Never tried punch bait in the winter I think it freezes under water are gets real hard anyway.

5. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I realize a lot of members swear by DK's, but I haven't caught anything on it. I have fished it side by side with other baits and it never performs. I have tried the original and garlic formulas - NADA.

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I bought some Dk this spring I have not caught any on it After hearing all the prases for it I sure was disapointed:big_smile:

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

It seems to me that DK's works better the further south you go, lol. Are so it seems.

8. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Go with Sonnys it works good in the spring and summer

9. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Well I catch 100's of eaters on it a year at time's you can't keep it in the water. It will work best fish in warm waters and at a deep of 1 to 10' Treble hooks in size 1 uo to 5/0 is what i use mostly. You can cast in until tomorrow and it will stay on.

10. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    thanks guys ill probably still get some dk to try out

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    DK's punch bait is a little pricey. You may want to compare it to others. You can get a good comparison in the Catfish Connection which has DK and others listed.

12. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    DK will hold better than sonnies when fishing therefore it last longer in the water, but however I have had good bites on channels with sonnies and would recommend that over other stink baits.

13. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I agree - Sonny's is #1 in my book. Rusty's and Junnie's are a close second.

14. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I know I've posted this before somewhere, but...

All I ever caught on Danny King's was hell from my wife when I opened the jar in the house...

15. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I always have good luck with Danny Kings punch bait. If I'm not catching a fish on it, then I need to move as there just ain't nothing there...lol.

It stays on the hook very well, and it works for me. I don't have access to the other brands that have been mentioned in earlier posts. I look at it this way, not all baits work in all waters.

Personally I give Danny Kings two thumbs up..