Danny Kings Punch Bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by khensu0213, Apr 19, 2006.

1. khensu0213

khensu0213 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hi Brothers.
    I just received my order of Danny Kings PB from Fed Ex today. I'm going to try it out on my next outing (probably either this coming weekend, or some time next week). I've heard such good things about it, I'm really looking forward to trying it out at some of my fishin holes to see if the cats go for it here in northern Illinois like they seem to at other places you guys have been talking about. I'll post my results after I've tried it out.

2. HHinNC

HHinNC Member

State:
    North Carolina
    The more experienced ones maybe can comment on this...but try not to be too disappointed on your first try. If I'm not mistaken...it may be a little bit early for good stink- bait action ? Then again, it may just depend on where you are fishing? I tried mine for the first time this past weekend, at a local pond location (in NC) and I didn't get a bite. In all fairness though.... I also had a line right out beside it using fresh cut bluegill which also didn't get a bite. Now the most humbling part of it was that my wife was casting a plastic crappie tube jig on an ultralight rig....and you guessed it.....she caught a nice 6 lb. cat. I"m thinking that was my problem, as wives of the most experience fishermen (although they don't often go fishing) will surely humble the best of us. I haven't lost confidence on the Danny King's Punchbait yet, and I fully expect it to yield great results as the water warms up some. Meanwhile....I surely do have my eye on those plastic crappie tube jigs.:cool:

3. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I hope ya do well with it Jeff. I for one really like using it. We use it year around here in Texas. When the tub is cold or cool the bait is real firm. I went to a lil pond yesterday and the DK rode in the back of the truck. It was 96 degrees that day also. Got two tubs out to bait up with and it was runny. I had this happen one other time and I put cotton balls in it and this helped firm it back up. I had some cotton balls in my tackle box and once again it did the trick.
    This trip to the pond with kinda disappointing. This is the first trip that I only had one bite on each pole. If I had been close to my pole I know I would have caught one. That sucker bent the pole over as the bait clicker was screaming. By the time I got to it the cat had buired up in the mill foil and got off. The other pole just had a lite hit and that was it.
    To tell the truth, I went there to bass fish :shame: and just brought along two cat poles to see what would happen. I did catch and release 4 very nice bass though....

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Well im hoping its just the water temp because i bought some and have only had one small bite on it.Man whens the friggin water going to warm up?At this rate it will be cold again before the water gets to warm up good.Im just iching to try all my dip and punch baits out.

5. kbrad

kbrad New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hi there, I agree with T-Bone that DK's PB works awesome down here in Texas. I keep some nearby and when the catfish are slow to eat everything else I always revert back to DK's to bring home some fish so I don't leave empty handed. My suggestion, don't give up on the PB just yet. Happy fishing!!

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    kbrad - Welcome to the B.O.C.! :0a25: Best fishin' site you will find!!!!

7. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    ok. i like the stuff it works good. question is, after a nights fishin, whats the best way to get the stuff off yer hooks?

8. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Welcome to the board kbrad, ya fishin' lakes or rivers with that PB ?

Hey slimepig I put mine into a gallon ziplock bag full of hot water. soak'em for a short while and pour the water out along with the stinky stuff. This is the best way I have found to do it. I take the bag with me when I go fishin' and then cut the leader and hook off in the bag. Zip it up for the ride home. Take a pan of hot water outside and pour it in and let it set for about an hour. After the water is poured out and the hooks dry I put them into the "spare hook ziplock bag".

9. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    sounds like a lot of trouble to me. lol can u stand to eat the fish? im just gettin used to the taste of dinneymite. now i have to get used to the taste of dk. took me 20 years to stop missing the burn of electricity!! lol .oh well change wit the times i guess. have a day

10. FAT_CAT

FAT_CAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I used DK for the first time ever tonight. I was only out for an hour because the current was really running. About 5 minutes after baiting my hook, I noticed the rod tapping around, but no line was stripping. I knew it was gonna be a short night, so I picked up the rod and set the hook....fish on!!! Pulled him in and he weighed in at 13lbs. Baited my hook and again in 10-15 minutes my rod was jerking again...same sized fish. This happened 4 times in an hour, and I had a guy come up to me and offer me $3.00 for a dip into my jar, I gave him a dip for free and he caught a nice 7lber also. I am a believer and will be headed back later this week to fish later in the night. I'm gonna bring nightcrawlers and livers also and see if I can set up a little experiment.

11. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Glad You Had Such Great Luck & Hope You Continue To Do So, As Of Yet I have Not Caught Anything With My Tub Of DK's.

I Wasn't Able to Go This Last Weekend but Next Time I go I'm Goin' To Try It Again.

Elliot

12. frisco66

frisco66 New Member

State:
    NE
    Hello All,
    Newbie here from Nebraska-I've used DK,it does seem to work better in warmer weather.FYI,I highly recommend taking a fishing 'sister'-something about their phermones on the bait(worms)will outfish guys(well,ME anyways)everytime!I've read up on it,there IS something to it.Maybe it's just that the fish aren't as used to a different scent,because there aren't as many women that fish?Just a thought.Please don't misinterpet this-I'm not a mysoginist-It's a compliment!

13. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I havent caught anything on the tub i got either,i guess ill wait for warmer weather and give it one more chance.