Danny King's punch bait/ Catfish Gold Mag

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jedimanhunter, Jun 25, 2008.

1. jedimanhunter

jedimanhunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    Is it just me and the catfish or has Danny King's recipe changed. Last year Danny King's Blood was my go to bait when I was not using shad. It was an awsome summertime and other times as well.

This year it seems I can't buy a bite with when using that bait. I bought a gallon of that stuff and was loading some of my smaller containers and it seems to smell and look different. I found myself fishing the riprap two weeks ago with a float and I had some lines out deep going for some blues with some shad. All of the conditions were right in regards to wind speed/ direction and temp. Referring to personal experience I should have been busy catching fish. I got flustered and removed the bait and stuck a shad on the trebble hook just to see if I could solicit a bite before I changed the rig out to a circle hook which is my normal shad hook. I was just tinkering.

Well Bamm, fish on was that a fluke, Bamm got another fish. I finshed the morning with with a good trip and several fish. I feel had I not tinkered and stuck with the Danny Kings, I would not have caught the fish that I did. I chalked it up as an off day for the stink bait but now its the norm and I have all but lost faith in my go to bait when using stink baits.

Is anyone else having a similar experience or know something I don't.

On another note, I subscribed to the catfish gold last sept or october i believe, I did not see my december issue or any issue since. I emailed Catfish Gold to see if they were sending it as I considered someone was stealing it. I never got a reply.

What is your go-to store bought stink bait. I am looking for something else. Thanks.

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    They did change the recipe and the new one is junk. Mine is finding it's way to the trash can.

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Jeff.....the Commando is attempting to contain the Catfish Gold talk on this thread:

www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79850

A lot of folks have had trouble, and for a while there the board was running rampant with threads concerning that. Thanks bro.

Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family!

4. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I am not saying I will never use it again, but I have ran through two quarts with out one fish on quite a few lakes.

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I caught one small channel (under 1#) a few weeks ago. Bullheads don't even hit it.