Danny kings catfishing bait - How do I put it on a hook?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by master_cat, Apr 2, 2006.

1. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i need to know how to use this bait with out useing a treble hook will a double hook work thanks guys

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Check out the Looper Rigs under the sponsor site to the right of this post. They have'em in treble and in single. I got some of each in a trade,but, haven't used them yet. I'm sure they will work.

3. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    I have used DK on a bait hook. It stays on pretty good, but trebles work better.

4. Chucklehead

Chucklehead New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    One method I use sometimes on a single is to use a piece of sponge. Just tread it on like you would on a treble and dip it in. An old friend of mine showed me this rig, that is all he uses and keeps the amount of tackle down according to him. He uses a #4 J-hook. I like to use several different sizes and style of hook. Depends on where I am fishing and what am fishing for.

5. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
  6. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    I personally use trebles with the DK, but I imagine that if you were to put a small spring or such on the shank of the hook it would snag enough of the cattail fibers to make it work. The loopers rigs and tube set ups would be too hard to use because of the consistency of the punchbait.I do'nt think it would get into the rigs. You could use nylon pouches too, but that would stop it from self chumming.

BILL

7. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Bill, great idea with using the spring on the shaft! I can see how that will work well.
    Great tip!

8. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    Thanks for the hints guys :)

9. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    have yall seen the double hooks

10. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Looper rigs work with Danny King you have to work it in a little. With Looper rigs you spend more time fishing and less time rebaiting. Hope this helps God Bless.

11. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    a small treble hook is really all you need. i just started useing it this spring and am hooked myself! this is a great bait for sure. the temps are rising around me high enough to go after the flaties so ill see you in the fall danny king bait. lol
    most baits of this nature entice few big cats but this bait getsum all. if you havent treied this bait get some soon!!!