The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never tried them. Which of the 3 works the best or do I just buy all 3. And does it work?

Orrin

·
Registered
Big Sam Arkansas
5,808 Posts
orrin check out the Danny kings thread on testimonials should answer your questions:big_smile:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Blood and original are about the same. Just different color from what I can tell. They both produce the most fish for me. Garlic works good as well. Some days they won't hit the first two, but will hit the garlic. I'll use a variety of baits to start off. If the fish seem to preferr one over the others, I'll switch most of the rods to that bait. Danny King's has never failed to put fish in the boat for me. I mainly use a #4 or #6 treble hook, but don't hesitate to go up or down in size based on the size of fish you're after. I've caught fish with as big as a 2/0 and as small as #8's. Our biggest fish on punch bait last year was a 21 lb blue that hit a #6 treble hook. Not a big bait at all for that size of fish. Give it a try and good luck to you.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I mostly use the blood & it has never failed me!!!!

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Orrin, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:, best catfishing site on the web! Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there. I like the blood the best, but they will all work well.

·
Registered
378 Posts
You wont go wrong with the original..I have caught channels all winter long on it:big_smile:

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I couldn't catch a cold on Danny King's bait.:eek:oooh:

Might work in Texas, but it's not worth a hoot in Missouri...

·
Registered
7,781 Posts

T, you need to come down and fish with me and Big Sam, we'll change your mind about DK's :wink::smile2:.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts

Actually it does work here Marty. :crazy: Yep, never figured you would hear me say that did ya. Well we proved it last year doing some experiments. The dk blood and magic bait hog wild produced the best on Truman. Hint: shallow water along the trees, if its not working move your not in a good spot. :wink:

·
Registered
415 Posts
I love DK, but I've never caught a cat of any size on it. They are all small!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts