Danny kings bait question

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by brinley45cal, Feb 21, 2006.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ive been thinking about getting some Dk since everyone gives it great reviews.But first i have a few questions about it.First whats the best flavor to use?I noticed on catfish connection cataloge they have several.Seconed what kinds of hooks do you use with that stuff a treable hook and what size ?And third could you use a loopers rig?
    This would be my first time using this type of bait so any info you could give would be very helpful.Heck i dont know what the defference is between dip bait or punch bait.Anyway thanks.

2. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Good luck with the DK,
    As for flavor, I'm partial to the blood, but have had good luck with the origianal also. I haven't been able to out the garlic as much as I would like.
    For the hook, I use anywhere from a #6 to a #2 treble hook.
    As for using the Looper rig with it, I don't know, haven't tried the Looper yet.
    Will

3. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Well as coon said blood seems to be the best for me so far. I use trebles from #2 up to 5/0 with the bait. The thing with treble hooks if your getting deep hooked fish step up your hook size this will stop the deep hooking

4. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    Brinley45cal,I use the original or the blood.I dont think ya can go wrong with any flavor you choose,I've tried them all but the DK garlic.I rig carolina style,no roll sinker,bead,swivel,about a 24" to 12" leader,then a 1/0 or 2/0 treble.I've never tried a looper rig.Its easy to use just dont get any on ya if ya can help it,it will stay with ya a while if ya do.Just punch yer hook down in the bait and jerk it out at an angle,on a new hook it might take a couple or three punches.All thats left is to let er fly,dont worry if some flies off during your cast.I like to get mine bout the size of a ping pong ball,set the bait click and wait fer it to start singin.Hope this helps ya,if ya have anymore questions please ask.:cool:

5. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Looper here I do not advise using a Looper Rig with Danny King Punch Bait.
    Punch Bait is just what it says it is you punch a treble hook in it an pull it out at a angle.
    Plain and simple.
    Danny's is proble the best punch bait on the market in my opinion.
    Loop

6. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH
    I won't use trble hooks...period. I take a short piece of embroidery thread and wrap it tightly around my circle hook several times and then use that with my DK punchbait, works great.

7. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    I have only used the blood formula.Have had such good luck with it that I find no rerason to try the others.I use a size 2 treble hook to prevent deep hooking .I do'nt believe you can use a loopers rig with it.If you did try you would probably foul the hook points and it would be the size of a baseball when loaded.Use the field tested way that it was designed for and you ca'nt go wrong.

BILL

8. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    I have not had good luck with the original, but have had some luck with the blood. I use #8 trebles without any deep hook sets.

9. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks guys i think ill give it a try,ill let you know how i do.Ill have to order it from catfish connection because i cant find it anywhere else.

10. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    I can hook you up look at the right side in the sponsors an check out my site.
    Email me for the BOC discount

11. QuincyFisher

QuincyFisher New Member

State:
    Quincy,Illinois
    I havnt had the chance to use it much, but id say that Garlic stinks the most if that helps ya out at all. I was very surprised on how well the stinkbait just balls up on the treble hook.Ive never seen anything like it

12. okiekrawler

okiekrawler New Member

State:
    roland ,oklahoma
    i am using the blood with #2 hooks. it works pretty well. just use a slip rig it will work fine. dk has some useful tips on the website for getting the bait to the right thicknees during hot and cold weather. some small details like these will help alot. check it out.