Danny King (?)

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catfish Fever, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    I recently purchased a case of Danny King blood, what a HUGE disappointment. It's definitely not the same stuff I purchased when DK himself owned the company, which I've heard he doesn't anymore.
    The "good stuff" was very dark red, and smelled sweet. When I opened a bucket of the "new stuff" it varied from white to light pink, and smells sour. It definitely is not the same recipe. Any DK users that have their doubts, I have three unopened gallon containers I'm willing to let go, VERY reasonably priced, PM me:roll_eyes:. I've been fishing it for over a month now and have had only one little bite. Before I'd order any, I'd check with some one who has recently purchased some of the "new" stuff.
    We had very good success with it before the "new recipe", hope this helps someone save their money.
    I'm sure long time DK users will be able to comment on what I've said.
    PS: I believe the new producer of this "stuff" is the same outfit that "publishes" the Catfish Gold magizine, when they get around to it?????

2. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Jim

You are correct, Danny does not own the company any longer and has not for a few years. From what I have heard is that Danny paid the company a vist and is trying to get them back on track. If this is true I do not know but it is what I have heard through the Texas grapevine. I also heard that if you call the company that makes DK and tell them of the issue that will exchange the bad batch of bait with new bait.

3. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Tim, thanks for the info, I'll give it a try, AGAIN, I've called, but all I get is a message saying their mailbox is full?
    Now that they are no longer a BOC sponsor, or at least I couldn't find them here, I don't know where to contact them.

4. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Jim

Is this the number you called? richard chrisman 972-571-2277.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the Heads Up. This is something we should alll be aware of. Let the board know if they correct this problem and take care of the bad bait.

6. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    I've got small containers of the original, blood and garlic, personally will not buy again, debating on letting the trash men have it. NEVER had as much as a nibble on it.

7. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Thanks for the heads up guys and let us know what happens.

8. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Tim, no, it was the one posted on the receipt I received. I sent them an email to the DK address where you place your order, it was returned saying that address had permanent fatal errors.
    I called the number you posted, I received a message to leave a message for "Richard", I'll try it tomorrow and see what happens, maybe I can find out what happened to my Catfish Gold subscription at the same time.
    Thanks for the info.

9. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Jim

I just sent you a PM with more information. We have had this discussion on a Texas Fishing Site I am on. I do not what to post the links here as I do not want any to get upset. Keep calling them. Good Luck.

10. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    if its the same people who bought catfish gold, dont expect to get your subcription

11. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i heard they are up to there necks in debpt

12. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i hadnt gotten a subscription, but i did hear from someone that did that they never sent out the magazine after everyone had already paid.

13. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    That is true Shane. I think December was my last issue I received. Then they were happy to keep everyone's money and not give what was paid for or return of funds.

I know some that have turned the company into the BBB and recommend others to do the same. It is nothing more than a scam now. They still will accept money for the magazine but you will never receive it.

I say trash his credit as a businessman.