Daniel Boone membership revoked:

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Dec 1, 2007.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well fellas, I have met defeat. I started that thread yesterday about testosterone or no brains. I have found out I have neither. My Estrogen level must be high today and it ain't PMS.

The marines never showed up to help. A bunch of wusses. I went this am all excited and full of ambition. 16 degrees with a 20 mph east wind. Then it started to snow. A nice peaceful snow, really looked nice coming down in the timber, my feet weren't even cold yet. Not many shots in the neighborhood, where normally it sounds like WWII. Patience I tell myself, you got all day.

One buck running like a wolf was after him. Way out, not a chance he was going to come by me and I'd a let him go by anyhow. Come on little doe little doe I kept telling myself. The snow began to have some sleet mixed with it. Still nice, it made a rattling noise in the leaves, kinda cool. which was what my feet were doing, getting kinda cool. Another 20 minutes, the snow turned to all sleet, my feet were now cold and I didn't care if a buck came by or not I was going to shoot it.

Another 10 minutes and two things made me pull the plug, One. My beer started getting slushy and I had it covered. Two. The slide on my old 870 was froze. I was reduced to a one shot shotgun. I couldn't have slid that slide if I had wanted it to have slid after I missed with the first shot 'cause I couldn't find the bead on the muzzle because of the ice buildup.

So I apologize you super hardy members of the BOC. I tried. I made the effort. The ladies have accepted me into their bridge club. Tanya is president and she says I can no trump anybody. Unfortunately the Daniel Boone club has canceled my membership. I am at a total loss as to what I am going to do with my time. Maybe the AARP will accept me.

John.

2. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I'll give you an A+ for effort.Now thaw out kick back and drink a cold one.

3. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i dont know what you are talking about John. i was out there at 0200 stalking game and trying to find a good spot for you. why do you think that big buck came running out of there like the devil was at his heels? i was trying to coral him right to you, but it just didnt happen that way. i didnt want you to know i was there because i know how proud you are and i wouldnt want to make you feel like you couldnt do it by yourself. i tried, but it just wasnt meant to be. after you left i decided it was getting a bit nippy since i had icicles on my eye lashes, so i jumped in the truck and ame back to the southeast where it is not as cold. better luck next time.

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Welcome to the wise man's club. To dang smart to go swinging in trees in 16 degree weather to shoot something that equates to no more then a brown billy goat or a brown nanny. Anything that will eat briars is a billy goat, I'm sorry.

Beetle, I got news for you. Your political profile doesnt fit the liberal agenda promoted by ARRP.:smile2: You'll get kicked out of that club too.

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I think he is a wuss like he says send him to the bridge club:smile2::tounge_out::smile2:

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Go ahead and enjoy that beer to your gonna need it PoBee Trump:wink:

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    For some reason, I have this feeling that Daniel Boone wasn't a stupid man either. I bet he woulda been right there with ya hangin it up and headin back to the nice warm cabin.

Membership isn't revoked, just suspended, you can't come to 2 meetings. Sorry, but that's how it is.

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Come on Dawg your not helping me any.......we gotta give Beetleman a hard time:big_smile_2:

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Aww, John, you might be too old to cut the mustard, but...........

better not say that :wink:

Anyways, what's wrong with slushy beer? I always liked mine that way or with ice.
    Perhaps you can join the Davy Crockett society, go to the Alamo state and warm up a bit. Who likes deer anyway? Shoot those chickens in the yard. :smile2:

Take care bro and I hope you have warmed up by now. (Did you have your thermals on?)
    Cheryl

10. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Wish I knew how to run quotes, could kill a coupla birds with one rock. But not knowing how to do that gives me the opportunity to reach "total number of posts" nirvana.

1st. MarkJ. the only people I throw off my place are Jehovahs and anybody from the AARP. (well a bunch of other people, but I am only talking here about two) That organization can go scratch their Democratic butts with cheyenne pepper. I may be old but I ain't stupid.

11. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mr Kenny the Catfish. You are probably 5 hours South of me. I have asked God to send you this Shi$. By the middle of the afternoon, if this keeps up we will lose our power for probably a week. I will then freeze to death. Nancy's feet are cold enough now. I won't know where to sleep, and I got no firewood cut. So Kenny when you head for Iowa City Monday to get those festering teeth out your mouth I will sit in the room and watch you squirm as that student comes at you with something he has never had in his hand before. HeHeh.

Good luck. Kenny don't bleed to death when he whacks on ya. LOL

12. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Cheryl, young lady. I probably would do well in the Alamo society, except I can't speak Spanish. The Mexicans now own the Alamo. I don't think Sam Houston is too happy. Those Mexicans are also probably all Democrats and probably worse than the AARP. (I doubt it)

My thermals are still froze to everybody part I got. My main concern was getting my gun cleaned. Never know when I might need to use that on killing chickens. My guineas are all safe though.

John.

13. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    John,

All those Mexicans are gonna be about as happy as we are, when the Chinese take this country from them.

Take care.
    Cheryl

P.S. Don't eat those red tail hawks............:smile2:

14. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Wow this is a tough crowd. Postbeetle looks as if your in for it. Good luck. Later Andy

15. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well now Daniel Boone (alisa)Postbettle you lasted longer out there than I probably would have.My feet get cold Im a done duck.Headin for the warm shack. Hope you get thawed out before bedtime or Ms Nancy will be puttin you on the coach:eek:oooh:.No cold feet in her bed:roll_eyes:

16. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :surrender:Boy if you cant feel the love here.Must be something in the air with women cause Lillys feet feel like antarticia ,I dont have enough wood in my garage for very long and John the wole time I am squirming monday the one thing I will be thinking is "I AM GLAD YOU ARE NOT ON THE BUISNESS END OF THEM MOUTH TOOLS:that_hurt:OHHH AM I GONNA BE SO GLAD:big_smile_2:

17. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    John I thought a man of yer stature, would of had a gun barrer, Gunga Din?...."We shoot big fast goat now ol goat Bwana?".
    Glad ya didn't freeze off anything important. Don't sweat Daniel Boone; he was drunk when he staggered into Ken Tuck Kay. My great-great-great-great-great grandma was Blackfoot. Said she did him an he wasn't all that.
    :smile2:

18. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mine too. Hmmmm.

Beetle Mania, your post is making me think twice about going out, and busting a nanny in the second firearm season. Don't know if it is stupidity, or hunger, but I wanted to shoot a doe. It will be real cold, but my bolt action don't mind. However, I do. BRRRRRRR!!!!

19. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee

20. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well ,John . I'll let ya come on over to New Mexico and spend the winter with me and we can chase a coyote the size of your deer :roll_eyes:then run after little blue quail with 60 mph legs. and have a brew or three as the sun sets over the western hills. iI still think you are in the good ole boy club.