DANG

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Catfish_Calvin, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Its raining here today. I woke up this morning and thought I better go outside and raise the bow of the boat up so it will drain out the water better. About 3 hours later i go back outside and the motor is tilted all the way up and the motor is still trying to tilt it up. :sad2: Could of been doing it for quite a while. I tried the tilt switch by the gas lever but that wasnt the one doing it. It was the one at the back of the boat. So i just touched it and it quit doing it. I get back from the grocery store and its UP AGAIN. But this time it wasnt still trying to go up. BUT it doesnt work at all now. Wont move a inch. Battery isnt dead.

Did a smoke the motor that tilts it? I have a tournament Sunday. Not good. :(

2. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    I thought the battery wasnt dead but it might of not had enough power to get to the tilt motor. I put the charger on it and i was able to get it to tilt down about half way then it quit again. I got the battery completely charged. Unhooked the switch that i think is bad. And its still not working. Just a CLICK. Not getting power to the tilt motor?

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Check the fuse first. Then try running two wires directly from the battery. It is easy to blow a fuse, short out a relay, or just get water in your wiring. Take your time and trouble shoot it properly.