Dang turtles

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by kurt, Aug 12, 2006.

1. kurt

kurt New Member

State:
    ohio
    It seems to me we get some big runs sometimes, and the line will get tight but when you set the hook nothing. Then when you bring the bait in it has been eaten buy a turtle. I would never have thought they could make a clicker run like that. I was just wondering if this happens to other people alot or if im just unlucky.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

It happens to most of us I think. Some more than others, ask Dinkbuster. All you can do is keep fishing are moving around even change baits. I wish you better luck in the future.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    They are thick in some places, Big Walnut here is full of em. Best to just move if it keeps happeneing.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Those turtles are very bothersome to say the least, thank god fall is on the way, it usually slows the turtle bite down for me.

5. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the world of catfishing! If the fish like the bait you are useing, so do the turtles.

6. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    big snappers will do that. thats why i got big hooks. when i reel em in, i clean em and then i put em in the freezer to sell!

7. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I have never had any problems with turtles using bullheads. Most problems I have seen has come from creek chubs or suckers. Even then its mostly cut bait.

8. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If its on my hook, a turtle will eat it... Oh how i hate turtles... i know alot of guys eat turtles... i just cant find them appealing...... to me they are just bait stealers and should be incarserated for their actions..lol

9. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i agree with you, "dang turtles". i caught a big soft shell turtle last night on beef liver. i have caught 5 or 6 turtles this year. be nice if they were cats, because i have caught some nice sized ones.

10. WOOD18

WOOD18 New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    Who Actually Buys Turtle Meat?
    I Have Thought About Keeping The Turtles I Catch And Getting A Recipe To Cook Them. Any Ideas Or Anyone Have Any Good Soft Shell Recipes? Seems Like We Catch More Turtles That We Do Fish.

11. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    I have had turtle a few times and I fry it like I do chicken.

Ken

12. tbischof

tbischof New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Never cared for turtle soup but take and clean them and BBQ them on the grill with some Hickory or Mesquite wood. Very good eating!

13. WOOD18

WOOD18 New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    Never Heard Of That One I Think It Sounds Pretty Good.