Dang the luck this year

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Seth, May 6, 2007.

1. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I been hunting this one old bird on our farm all season. Today I thought I was actually going to get him. Everything was going like I thought and then a freaking coyote comes out of no where and messes everything up.

I tell ya, it's been one tough season for me and a lot of people. The first time I went out I should of had a bird, but I screwed up by not facing the right direction. Now I can't get anything to work out for me.

I guess if it wasn't fun and challenging I wouldn't do it though. He will be there again this fall and next spring hopefully. :lol:

2. tkyhnt

tkyhnt New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I agree with you 100% this has been by far the toughest year I have had in MO. Had my second bird figured out, had him at 61 yards on Thursday and let him walk. Went back on Friday and new instantly that something was wrong. well I found him right were I figured he should be but something had beaten me to him. He was stone cold dead feathers everywhere but not eaten. That aside I had to go to plan x or somehting like that and it worked today:big_smile: . He weighed in at 25lbs, sported a 9 3/4" beard with one spur broken the other a fuzz over an inch.

There will be grilled breast tonight.

Attached Files: