dang river is frozen

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Jan 22, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Me and Roger were gonna fish the scioto tomorrow, but I found out it's frozen over:sad2:

Been along time since I have saw this river freeze...I know it's been cold, but the low water levels and lack of current has sure made it freeze much easier.

My winter depression just got worse.

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Never know man, it supposed to be in the 40's today and tommorow, maybe it will break up a bit...Hang in there man, look at it this way, spring training for baseball is what like a month or less away!!:wink:

3. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Yeah the Muskingum River is frozen here in Zanesville as well...

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeah, its froze in places up here too Bobby. I just went outside and shoveled some snow out of the front of the boat, and wet the ice down. I have the consel section tarped so most of the boat is fine. Gonna try to get the bulk out of it here in a while after the sun works on it today. Sarah is gonna be gone saturday, and Im planning on going out if it is feesible to do alittle fishing and scouting. Just have to play it day to day to and check the conditions when it gets time... rollo

5. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Let me know when you go Jason, maybe we can hook up for awhile.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know this is a stupid question:smile2:

But has the ohio river ever frozen over, I dont think it would because of the size and current.

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I know it did back in the day, my Granpa used to tell me how him and his buddies would walk across it...:eek:oooh:....heck a guy from PA posted on my other post saying there was ice half way across in PA. I have seen ice on it here before, but nothing like that. I tell you what though I could see it happening in a very dry and very cold winter.

8. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    nice day out today,was kinda warm,maybe it helped the river out some?

9. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I really need to see a pic of this or maybe i should just drive over there. I think you might be fishing without me. :confused2::smile2:

10. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Was out today for awhile today with my brother tossing the castnet around. Zanesville above the dam is starting to thaw a lil but still frozen. South of the dam was unfrozen.

11. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Well it got up to arond 47 here in the dayton area. So may be ill just go out and catch some grass bass it the field.

12. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i was thru there today and there is some open water but there is ice too from what i seen from 23 to rt 50

13. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    The last time I seen the Ohio freeze over in my area was 1979, it was unreal.