Dang Ohio River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by RiverKing, Mar 20, 2008.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    With all this rain we keep getting, seems like the river will never be fishable again..I am dying to get out on the river, but it has been way up for 2 weeks now...I am getting unpatient..lol...Plus I got a tourny coming up in a few weeks, hope it is cleared out by then but as of right now, its not looking to good

2. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Matt, the Ohio up and down in my area. fish one day but not the next.:angry:

3. Phillybass

Phillybass New Member

State:
    Mansfield, OH
    You guys got it bad we got lucky here the creeks are almost back to normal depth:crazy::crazy:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    maybe you guys should take up surfing.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Danny, we live pretty close but I haven't seen it fishable in a while. Last I heard it was supposed to crest at least 50-51' just a little below flood stage at the Greenup L&D. Matt, its all coming your way too.....:sad2:
    I'm dying to get out and bank fish the Ohio but its just not safe where I usually go.

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you guys aren't the only ones. the muskingum is a mess, and im sure they are holding plenty back above to save those south of here. the bad thing is, with spring here, a day or two of rain a week will keep things elevated and unstabile for a long time. I have seen this high water issue drag clear into June and July before. I hope this isn't one of those years......rollo

7. tacraft61

tacraft61 New Member

State:
    Powell, Ohio, U
    not much to do here except wait.thought about fishing the fields,but the water is moving pretty good through them as well to chance it with any amount of saftey

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah it is frustrating, but I am sure it will get back to fishable levels soon, just have to find a ramp...:smile2:...Kind of worked out anyway since I will be putting a new bigger engine on the boat this weekend, so wouldnt have been fishing anyway, now next weekend will be a different story...:embarassed:

9. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    In Dayton, the great miami, little miami and the mad river are at flood stage now. the great miami is very bad on dayton cincinnati road miamisburg south to franklin ohio. also factory road was closed in beavercreek ohio because of the little miami river. it blows badly the river are up like that rick:sad2:

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Several years ago I was not able to fish my normal prespawn flathead areas at all do to high water all spring...I did not catch a flathead till september that year...I hope this is not one of those years.

11. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    jack that would blow hard if that happened rick:angry:

12. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    Matt you might want to have some lakes as back-ups. The river is a guess at best in the spring.Look at last year or other tourny`s. Lots of cancellations due to high water . I know alot of guys love the river but fishing other places is not all that bad.Might even get more to show? Let us know whats up.

13. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Got any suggestions on lakes Randy??? Maybe Eastfork or Rocky Fork, Ceasars Creek, some place like that?

14. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I agree with you im tied of seeing rain

15. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    Matt any lake is good.Just keep the guys and gals fishing.Put a poll up and ask what lake people like? We like to fish new water.Helps make a better fisherman out of you imo. Randy

16. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    East Fork is a good lake Matt, only problem is come spring you have tons of crappie and bass tourneys, might be the same at other lakes just not sure. Cattin tourneys at night are better at lakes IMO for the simple fact you dont have all the other tourneys going on, but also early in the year in good ol southern Ohio, overnight spring tourneys good produce blizzards and sub zero temps...:smile2: