Dang Bass Boats

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Waterbug, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Waterbug

Waterbug New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    First of all let me say that I have nothing against bass anglers; I enjoy chasing after bass from time to time. I don't have anything against fishing out of fancy bass boats either.

I do have a problem with guys who think that they own the water and those of us who throw out some jugs & noodles are encroaching on their territory.

This past weekend some buddies and I spent a couple of days running jugs. Three of us had a full complement of jugs & noodles, so there where a lot of hooks in the water. We were introducing six other guys to the joy of this leisurely activity. We had two party barges and had a good time until Saturday morning. That's when the bass fishermen showed up. With no regard to our equipment they would blow through our jugs. A few boats even made passes at us dangerously close. No slowing down, no going around, and many dirty looks. We were in a wide channel with plenty of room for everyone. It almost seemed that these guys were delibrately trying to screw up our stuff.

I learned at an early age to run a boat and was taught to respect other boaters and fishermen. I always slow down when passing boats or bank fishers and I am careful to avoid interfering with other people's fishing.

Just wanted to vent a little. Thanks to all boaters - bass boaters too - who do things the right way.

2. messemore

messemore New Member

State:
    Virginia
    We were fishing a the river a couple weeks back, anchored in the river with plenty of room for everyone. When a larger boat came blasting by hollering for us to move our "Fat asses". Yet he almost swamped the jon boat that we were in.

Make me just want to outlaw anything larger than a jon boat. Or at least catch these people and anchor them in a jon and have them circled by ski boats until the agree to be more respectful.

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Remember,
    No matter how big or how fast these boats are, they have to come back to the ramp eventually:beat_brick:...W

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I guess that it is easy to tell what boats belong to which trailer... drywall screws are a good addition to his trailer....

Bayrunner Ray

5. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

I have a small Bass Tracker, and I agree with you, I don’t like the Sea doo’s either.
    I have had them blast right by me to close some times.
    As people we have to show respect for others.

6. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm sorry but you have no right to block any part of the channel. You did say you were in the channel. I agree with you but we are in the wrong if you go by the law. Here hoping they loose a shaft.

7. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    a few years back my friend and i were duck hunting a local lake in a cove off the main body, we had about 125 deks out and were locked up on the bank in my boat with the pop up blind, we looked and here comes a guy right through my deks, he even drop a lure in in front of my boat we just smiled and waved, he went around the corner back into the cove, a short time after he got pass us we had two mallards come in and we passed shot them, next thing we heard was this guy flying out of the cove, he missed our deks, I think he needed to go back to the launch to change his under-ware, them 3 1/2 mags make a loud boom!

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

HMM,You are a sly SUMBUCK :smile2: I'll have to remember that,I allways have them and my cordless in my truck,Nice to find a new use for an old tool.:big_smile:

9. Waterbug

Waterbug New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hey Danny,

I would agree with you that no one should block a navigation channel, such as is needed for save navigation of a water way or commercial shipping. I simply stated we were in a wide channel. It was not a navigation channel or a specific water route need for safe navigation. It is simply a deep channel from the east bank to the west bank running for about five miles north and south. A person could almost close their eyes and run this water way.

10. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Just goes to show that we need to respect the other boats. Keep your distance and drive by in a safe manner. Slow down!! I don't care if it's a bass, cat, walleye or whatever fisherman! Jet skiiers, pleasure boaters and the such!! Just be smart on the water. Obey the laws!! We don't want any injured or dead fisherman out there!!:cool2:

11. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    As is the case with those who will see you sitting there and purposely cross your lines or come real close to splash you with that nasty water!:angry:

12. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    A handful of 8oz sinkers comes to my mine!:beat_brick:

13. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I thought that was why we had boat registration numbers... so we could file a complaint with the DNR, or the coast guard, when the other boats act recklessly, or maybe in a civil court if we get swamped. Camera's can get neat pictures of the registration number, boat occupants and the distance from your craft. Even if a judge threw it out of a civil court, you would make the other guy think a whole lot. LOL

14. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    I KNOW WHAT YA MEAN THOSE GUYS HAVE NO RESPECT.I HAVE ALMOST STOPPED FISHING THE LAKE BY MY HOUSE DO TO IT.I'M ABOUT READY TO GET SOME BIG SINKERS AND START SHOOTING THEM THERE WAY THE NEXT TIME IT HAPPENS.

15. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I see the same thing, those B ass fisherman always in a hurry, I think it is just the individual that is operating the boat. they werent taught the respect that all fisherman should have seems like fishing sbould be relaxing, i guess to each their own . Im sure everyone gets that experience sometime or another, Ive seen it several times. good luck and patience:angry::wink:

16. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Last week on ESPN they were showing one of the BASS shows that are always on and this guy (not a competitor) cruised past Kevin Van Dam on plane it was funny as ell LOL. KVD was nice about it though he seems like a class act. Also if any of you remember Gerald Swindle blew past one of the other competitors and was fined and couldnt compete anymore that week. So not all of them are bad but there are some that just like us make us look worse than we actually are.

17. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sorry Will, I should have read closer.:eek:oooh: