Dan River

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by sobofisherman, Sep 28, 2009.

1. sobofisherman

sobofisherman New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Anyone been doing any bank fishing on the Dan, from Paces to Holiday Shores?? Been a few times past couple weeks with no luck.

Think the water level coming up will change that? Don't have a boat and Deer season aint in yet, wanna catch some cats!! lol

Greg

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I look forward to reading your posts on fishing down in Southside VA. Be sure to check out the hunting forum. Lots of VA guys post in the deer hunting and archery threads over there.

3. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    Greg, I haven't been In the river in two months or so. The water has been too low for me, however I talked to a friend yesterday and he caught several teen blues and a couple small flatties there last week.

4. ccjfamily

ccjfamily Member

State:
    Arizona
    Im always fishing the Dan since I live in town. Lately the bite for Flats has slowed down and the water temp has dropped quickly. Once the temp settle I suspect the blues to hit a little better then the flatties. I use bream in the warm months, but now that its getting cooler I would stick to using big creek chub, big knotty heads, and baby carp for flatties and blues in the DAN. Cut or live it doesnt seem to matter much. In the warm months, I strictly use live bait. Good time to catch some smallmouths as well in the Dan. HAPPY FISHIN!!!