Dan River Weekend

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by ccjfamily, Aug 31, 2009.

1. ccjfamily

ccjfamily Member

State:
    Arizona
    I went out Sat and Sunday morning from 7:00AM - 1:00PM. Caught a little bit of everything. The Flatties are being less aggressive now and hitting cut bait a little better (quicker) then they are live bait. Caught (2) descent size each day, some 3-5lb blues, some smaller channels. While bait fishing for bream, I got into a school of some nice crappie and pulled about (7) of them in. I need to start tying down my bream pole to the bank. I lost one of in a matter of seconds. It was about (3) ft out with a bit of worm. I heard my clicker and turned my head, looked back and my bream pole was gone. It was like a bad magic show. I think it may have been a snapping turtle that got it, but Im not sure. Ill try to gets some pics uploaded when I get home today.

2. CatsNstripers

CatsNstripers New Member

State:
    Smith Mountain
    Good report, sounds like a blast! looking forward to the pics..

3. fisherman2

fisherman2 New Member

State:
    virginia
    damn , u lost a rod it might of been a flat u know how they be hitting those nightcrawlers in the river i went 2 leggets bottoms last night didnt catch nothing no hits nothing shit sucked

4. ccjfamily

ccjfamily Member

State:
    Arizona
    Here are some pics finally had some time.

Attached Files:

5. ccjfamily

ccjfamily Member

State:
    Arizona
    That makes (2) poles lost the same way Mike. I have to hit up Dick's again to buy another. If you find the ones pulled in, you can have em. You going out this week? I probably won't be till the weekend again. Maybe stay overnight Friday. Need to stock up on some fire wood and mantels for the lantern.