Dan River VA

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by ccjfamily, Oct 10, 2009.

1. ccjfamily

ccjfamily Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hows it be AZ? Did some fishin this morning on the Dan River out in Virginia. Weather and water temp were perfect. Here is the link for the thread I posted in Virginia Rivers Talk. http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126973

Hope you guys are having as much fun as I am back in my home state.

Happy Fishing!!!

2. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hello Jacob, Thanks for the update. Do you find there is interest in catfishing in the area you are, or are you a lone fisherman on the river? You sure seem to have found some productive locations, maybe we rely on live natural baits more so than the local guys in that area.

3. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    very nice! was that an overnighter?

4. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
  5. ccjfamily

ccjfamily Member

State:
    Arizona
    Wasnt an overnighter. I usually go every Saturday and Sunday morning at first light till around noon. The spot is very productive and I noticed since we had some good rain the the spring, more cats were able to make it up across the damns they have placed along the river. Once I found the hole it only took me catchin one, re-baiting and tossing it back in before I got another bite.

The spots gets hit hard during the pre-spawn, but the crowd dies down as the months pass. I personally like the post spawn/fall bite the best. We also have some nice smallmouths and stripers in the river.

6. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    In the post you said you drag the gills into the hole, do you literally drag them through the hole or just drag to where you want them and then let them sit?

7. ccjfamily

ccjfamily Member

State:
    Arizona