DAN RIVER MORNING 9-6-09

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by ccjfamily, Sep 6, 2009.

1. ccjfamily

ccjfamily Member

State:
    Arizona
    Very good morning on the Dan. Got to the river at about 7:30am. I was kinda surprised (but glad) to see no one had camped out overnight. Everyone must be at the lakes this weekend. The only difficulty I had was catchin bait. First bream I caught was about 3in long. Hooked it up to the cat pole as soon as I got it out the water and in about 10min I had a flattie. Went back to bream fishing for more bait but kept missing hits. I knew they had to be small bream again, so I downsized my hook and caught another. Straight to the cat pole again and again withing 10-15 I had another flattie. Caught one more bream put him on the cat pole. My girlfriend called to let me know my son had woke up. (10:15am). So I started packing up the gear. Had everything about packed when I heard my clicker screamin and pulled in a nice one. May go back out tonight but the morning bite is always better for me then the night bite.

I have included pics.

Attached Files:

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Now that's a big one.

3. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    those are some nice flatts!! congrats

4. ccjfamily

ccjfamily Member

State:
    Arizona
    Woke up early again and headed out before the wind started blowing and got one off worm on my bream pole. Gentleman and his son were out and nice enough to shoot a pic for me. Once the wind started blowin good the bite stopped so I went home.

Attached Files:

5. Az Birddog

Az Birddog New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az.
    Well you're sure givin me a reason to move out east. Nice fish. keep the pics coming.:wink:

6. cobysdad06

cobysdad06 New Member

State:
    Sutherlin VA.
    cant belive yall still catching flatties in Danville, I live near Paces, wish we had a little more to get in there, I know they are there. No pressure on them.

7. catnbox69

catnbox69 New Member

State:
    burlington
    great fish man, if you dont mind my asking,about where r u fishing on the dan.I launch from buffalo creek and i havent been but about 2 miles or so into the river. TO SHALLOW, i always fish the deep water but im open to anything new. thanks:big_smile: