Dan River Fishing Access

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by mr.whiskers83, May 26, 2008.

1. mr.whiskers83

mr.whiskers83 New Member

State:
    Charles City,Va
    I was just wondering if anyone knew of any fishing spots on the Dan River in or near Danville that are accessible from the bank for some night fishing. It has been a while since I fished the river and some of the spots I used to go to are no longer accessible or have been closed off. All the places that I have found are in parks that close at dusk and that does me no good for the night. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

2. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    you can probably fish at the boat ramp located at the dan daniels park exit. exit off the 29 bypass like going to the park but turn opposite from park entrance and follow signs to the ramp. good luck

3. mr.whiskers83

mr.whiskers83 New Member

State:
    Charles City,Va
    Thanks. Yeah I fished there last weekend and didn't do much but collect grass on the line. There are a few good holes around there but the park closes at dusk and I really want to do some night fishing when the nights get warmer. On a side note one of the several boats that trailered while I was there had two nice flatheads, one probably 20+ lbs and another between 10 and 20 lbs, plus a cooler full of nice eaters that came from somewhere down river.

4. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    By the way, Josh, where was the picture taken that you are using for your avatar? That sure is a great looking water view!

Welcome to the BOC! :0a25:

5. DanMan

DanMan New Member

State:
    VA
    When did the park start closeing at dark? I've fished around the boat ramp and water plant at all different hours. And I've never seen the gates at Dan Daniels locked.

6. mr.whiskers83

mr.whiskers83 New Member

State:
    Charles City,Va

That is Buggs Island on the main channel out off a point near the 13 mile channel marker. Some nice water with big brush piles and some nice drop offs.

7. mr.whiskers83

mr.whiskers83 New Member

State:
    Charles City,Va

I was just going by the signs at all the parks next to river. The sign going into angler's park says it is open from dawn til dusk, I wasn't sure if that means the trails and stuff or if that meant everything. I know that Dan Daniel Park and the small park on the opposite side of the river from 58 between the dams both say that too.

8. bogeyman

bogeyman New Member

State:
    Collinsville Virginia
    Not sure if the fishing is any good or not but I have seen people fishing from the ramp in Milton bout every time I go by there.