dan river fishing 5, 6

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by fisherman2, Sep 27, 2009.

1. fisherman2

fisherman2 New Member

State:
    virginia
    man i went out the other day didnt catch any big shad just lil one it was cold as hack out lol well nothin was really happening until 7 30 i caught one 20 pounds . i went out yesterday in rain it was freezing out not really lol but it was cold out we caught 6 big shads i threw a couple pieces of shad nothing rebaited 3 times after that and then i put on a head i threw it out and in like 5 mins i was getting a bite i picked up my rod 2 see if i can feel it biting i did so i yanked back i hooked em i got it in it was about 12-13 pounds

2. ccjfamily

ccjfamily Member

State:
    Arizona
    Nice to hear your still catchin. I had a trade show to go to this last weekend in Richmond and havent had time to make it out to the Dan. I figure from the rain we had this last weekend, the fishing should be alright. I'll have to try and make it out this weekend for my normal morning routine. Water temp is droppin and before you know it, it will feel like spikes in your legs trying to cross to the spot.

3. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    where do yall fish at on the dan?:big_smile:

4. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    growing up we fished at the duke power dam in eden north carolina and berry hill bridge on the state line. :big_smile: