Dan River Bank Fun!

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Puddin_114, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Puddin_114

Puddin_114 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Its been a good 2 days of bank fishing on the Dan! Two day total of 20 blue cats and 4 stripers. Cats ranged from 10 - 18lbs and the stripers were from 10 - 15lbs with a 30inch length. Cant wait to get back on the bank, but i got to work today!!:cool2:

2. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    WTG! Now that sounds like a fun time. Congrats!

3. mr.whiskers83

mr.whiskers83 New Member

State:
    Charles City,Va
    Sounds like a great couple of days on the Dan. Are the fish still down toward South Boston or are they getting up near Danville yet? I usually fish up near Danville and as far down as near the fair grounds, South Boston gets to be a little far at one time from Patrick County.

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    You be wearing them out Mister! Congratulations!!

5. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sounds like a productive spot you have on the bank. Might be worth a drive from Richmond to check out.

6. Puddin_114

Puddin_114 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    hey josh, i cant say for sure about the stripers... this is the first weve caught this year, but we werent fishin for them either but really i dont know how far up they have gotten, we fish down river from sobo we are down river in the midway / arrons creek area.

7. mr.whiskers83

mr.whiskers83 New Member

State:
    Charles City,Va
    Alright no problem I was just checkin things out I haven't got a chance to get out to the Dan yet this year but it sounds like they may still be down river yet, at least for the bigguns anyway. Thanks for the info and good luck.

8. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    The Dan has been loaded with fish. We have been all over the river in my boat. Cutbait or small live bait bluecats and stripers are all over it. Thats a couple really nice stripers puddin caught. Big live bait are what we are using looking for flatheads, biggest yesterday 44lber.

9. ccjfamily

ccjfamily Member

State:
    Arizona
    The Dan is defenitely picking up well. I banked fished with my son and caught around 20 blues ranging from 2-12lbs. Taking the big gear out tomorrow for the flatheads. Good luck everyone!

10. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Welcome to the BOC, Dan, and congratulations on the catch!

:0a25:

11. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    Anyone been fishing the split area of kerr? I havent been up there this year, but itching to go