Dan River 9-19-09

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by ccjfamily, Sep 19, 2009.

1. ccjfamily

ccjfamily Member

State:
    Arizona
    Made it out this morning after picking my lady up from work (7:00am). Foggy morning due the rain that had come through the previous day and night. Temp was mid 70's and felt nice. Bream are moving out of the shallows here so its time to turn to small carp, suckers, and knotty heads. I just have to have a quick enough hand to catch them since the are "picky" eaters if you know what I mean. Didnt have to much of a problem hooking them. I was using a size 8 circle hook with a bit of worm. Caught a small carp first, about 8 in and caught a 5lb Flattie. I had nose hooked the carp so when a brought him to shore the carp was half way down his throte tail end so I unhooked him and the carp stayed on the hook. Threw it back out. (It was dead by now). I was getting bites, by either a small cat or a turtle cause something kept pulling line the stopping, pulling line then stopping, so I decided to reel it in. On the way in, about 5 feet from shore, I hit a stump, or what I thought was a stump:big_smile:. A good sized flattie had pulled him under a submerged log. I got him out with my big cat rod no problem. I fished about a 1/2 hr longer catching bait, but had to leave soon after when my lady called and said my boy was up. Probably going back out tomorrow morning. All in all, a good morning.

2. ccjfamily

ccjfamily Member

State:
    Arizona
    Uploaded a pic.

Attached Files:

3. fisherman2

fisherman2 New Member

State:
    virginia
    i went yesterday not at the island but up river 2 a spot caught a 1 pound flat lol my buddy caught a 2 pound we also caught a couple channels nothing big got a new baitcaster i might go later out there might see u out there