Dan Daniel park

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by mangus, Jul 22, 2006.

1. mangus

mangus New Member

State:
    n.c.
    how much longer will the flats be around daniel park before they head back down the river? dont want to be waisting my time when i could be at buggs.

2. crricha13

crricha13 New Member

State:
    Danville, VA
    i been fishin around there only caught a blue so far, but i hear the flats stay til early august? not sure tho someone not this but the last weekend caught a 37 lb flat like at the car dealership dam

3. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Which Car dealership? And, do you know if they were wading or staying on the bank.

Wheelmobile07

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    The flatheads stay in the upper james all year long. Isn't there any dams on the Dan River to keep them here?

5. crricha13

crricha13 New Member

State:
    Danville, VA
    no there isnt any dams they come from the buggs island and the biggin at the dealership caught was a guy that waided out there a little ways

6. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    the car dealership is at union street bridge which is as far as the flats can go upstream

7. mangus

mangus New Member

State:
    n.c.
    so does anyone know where we might do some bank fishing on the dan other than dan daniel park? what about the bridge they are working on going out of danvillle towards south boston? thanks for your other replies. maybe i will see yall up there sometime.

8. mangus

mangus New Member

State:
    n.c.
    wheelmobile07 the answer to your ? is the nissan place go 58 bus. you can bank fish or wade out to the rocks. i think i am correct on this.

9. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    When you are going to South boston the bridge on the way has been a good hole in the past for some of the people that i know, and ive also witnessed some nice flatties out of there, but since they have been doing all that work i haven't heard of anyone catching a whole lot near that bridge. I have been hearing good things about behind the nissan place, but i think to get to the best spot yall are right, you have to wade out. I plan on fishing down the river a little bit from the bridge pretty soon where I saw those guys pull those flatties out, Ill let you know a couple of days out and maybe who knows just see you out there.

Wheelmobile07

10. crricha13

crricha13 New Member

State:
    Danville, VA
    i know some spots for bank fishin around the dan river but not dan daniels but id have to show ya hard to say ya know one is near thompson gravel if u knwo where thats at, but yeah at leggetts bottom the bridge to south boston i went not long ago i saw a guy get like 4 small blues nothing big tho, but im starting to fish some private land i got access to along the river :) and last time i went there a fish broke my line and im going back tonight to try again :)

11. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    plenty of bank spots down around the boat ramp below Dan daniels...call me at 434-793-1339 for directions