dan,bigmuddy,don,catmanjoe,and i hit coffeen last night

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catinaldatime, Jul 6, 2008.

1. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    we had alot of poles in tha water and dan ended up catching a 18 pound flathead last night at coffeen.and that is little compared to the ones we pull out of there.i had fun though just chillin with everyone,so um when we gonna meet at baldwin?

2. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    Had a good time last night at Coffeen. The Flat Heads didn't seem to be very hungry, but Dan The Fisherman lived up to his name. Dan has been tutoring me on Flat Head Fishing, and I know it is only a matter of time before I start bringing a few in. My biggest is 24lbs., I want to haul in some hogs. My wife and I are looking forward to Camping and fishing with Dan and Dinia at Washington County lake this comming weekend, and Catstock in Aug. Shane, hope you can make it too.

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    The wife and I are looking forward to camping at Washington County in the near future. Hope you have a good time and catch lots of fish! There are some nice channels there.

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    yeah, good times. prob hit baldwin sometime this week. don, ill more than likely see ya at wash county lake.

5. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Don just don't tell anyone the reason to use EWG hooks are for lassoing fish that will just be our secret.:wink: :smile2: I am looking forward to see the picture of that new PB.

6. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    I won't say anything, if I did You may have to change your name to Rodeo Dan the Flathead Wrangler.:smile2:

7. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Having fished with several of ya, I bet it was a GREAT Time!

This Fall we should all hook back up at Sangchris for the Fall Feeding Frenzy

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    sounds like a nice night out, congrats on the catch

9. Dan the Fisherman

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    I won't say anything, if I did You may have to change your name to Rodeo Dan the Flathead Wrangler.:smile2:
    Don I will need more practice. Washington County will be a challenge. I will have trouble keeping the hook out of the mouth long enough to hawg tie em. That is the first time I have caught one that way but I have seen it done before. I think the flathead puts a kill bite on the bait then lays on it until he is ready to chow.

Having fished with several of ya, I bet it was a GREAT Time!

This Fall we should all hook back up at Sangchris for the Fall Feeding Frenzy
    Tim, Sounds good, I might try my new roping trick. We did have fun. You going to make Catstock? That will be a load of fun.

10. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I'm hoping to make CatStock... I'm kinda in Limbo right now.. Job situation is sketchy.. Got laid off last Oct, Only thing I've been able to get is short term jobs.. I'm in the middle of a 2 month project right now.. Supposed to end in Aug, unless they extend it. The money is good, but not fun not having a solid future.. If I could line something up permanent, I'd be signed up already :wink:.... Hard to come off the extra cash right now for fishing trips not knowing how its gonna pan out.... I'm keeping my fingers crossed

11. Dan the Fisherman

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Here is the picture of the piglet. The first time I have tried this. Hope it works. Charlie took this photo on my cell phone so the quality is not good.

Attached Files:

12. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hello Men,
    Sorry I could not make the trip...I had family come down for the 4th of July and with Sally learning of the onset of her medical problems we just took the weekend off and are trying to cope with this new thing called Diabetes...

That is the small problem though however she has been told she has some major problems with her liver and has us pretty shook up...We are both pretty stressed out for the next month and trying to follow the doctors diet,exersize and medicine routine and retake blood test for further update of the liver and if she will be on the needle the rest of her life...

Other than meeting all of the people this year on here and the Illinois Gatherings this year has been a real crap year for us...I am trying my best to keep my head above water and seems like every time I get it to a comforitable level It gets slammed right back under...

Well enough of my soap opera...Just nice to see everyone getting together and enjoying the company fishing...Hopefully things will turn around for us and we will be back fishing real soon...I would really enjoy fishing baldwin at least once this year and the river before the summer is out...

Paul and Sally

13. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois

Paul,

Sorry to hear about Sally. You Tell her I know how all that goes with the needles, and it is possiable to get off of them cause I done it myself. Just have to think possiative:big_smile:! I acnt wait till we all can hit Newton togather sometime, I know dad is really looking forward to it as well. Hope to see you all soon.