Dam's or main channel

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by bow tek, Oct 2, 2008.

1. bow tek

bow tek New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Hi guy's I'm new to this board and I hate to ask this question I'm sure you vets have answer this question several times. I new to big catfish. I've caught a couple big ones. I'm starting to drift and bottom bounce where do you guys focus most of your attetion. Do you stay around dams or deep holes up and down the river. I'm from henderson and fish all the way up and down the river.

2. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Sam, welcome to the BOC. I enjoy fishing the deeper holes, especially in the winter. I don't drift much, but plenty of the folks on here sure do! Check the member library out! Good luck

3. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Sam. ANd i like to fish all places, dams deep holes main channels. i love it all. all three places are known to hold big fish. its just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. I know how to drift and do drift and even enjoy it. BUt i prefer anchor fishing. thats the way i was brough up catfishing and thats what i love. but when the fish arent biting i will go to the drift to be able to cover more water and hopefully hit a school or even a few stragglers while im drifting. and when i do drift i normally start bottom bouncing but if my fish finder lights up with fish off the bottom, i will pull my baits up to their depth. because i beleive a catfish will swim up for food when suspended but i dont think they will normally swim down. thats just my two cents

4. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Welcome to the BOC Sam, and i normally fish anywhere i can fish, since i dont have a boat :big_smile: but, i think the deeper holes would have better luck

5. tswebb71

tswebb71 Member

State:
    So. IL
    welcome aboard Sam. You will find this is the place to receive a catfish education. Fish both ways. This time of year it is tough to say the least. Lately, I have been throwing everything but the kitchen sink at them!!!:eek:oooh:

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Welcome to the boc sam ! You will find tons of good info and friends .:big_smile:

7. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Welcome. There is an old saying try try try again but with this sight it's read read read again.Tons of info from A to Z.

8. fishinhole

fishinhole New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I have to echo the sentiment from those above, this is a Great place to get your catfishing info. from. Good to have you with us!!

9. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    i personaly have learned alot, in just the little time ive spent on catfish1, i would like to thank each and every 1 of you. and best fishies to ya:big_smile:

10. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    the great thing about this site is the fact you get to hear different tactics used all throughout the nation. Like for instance....i had no clue catfishing was so popular in california. i was shocked to see how popular it is there.

11. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    oh and no to mention the fact that i am twice the fisherman i was a year ago from everything i learn here. i personally think i get a little better everyday with everything that i read