Dam Fishing

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by CATFISHPAT, Jul 11, 2007.

1. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Is there anyone fishing behind the dams?? And are you catching anything???

2. brian89

brian89 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I hear right now is a pretty good time to be fishing below texoma for blues, i sure wish it wasnt such a drive with gas being 3.50

3. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    I haven't been but there's usually pretty good fishing behind the dam at Ellworth when just a few gates are open. I think there are 3 open at Ellsworth about 6"... not sure tho.

4. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Been fishing below Ft. Gibson dam since early March. The blues have slowed down and the Spoonbill run came and went. Just got back from there and the sand bass are having a feeding frenzie! Caught them up to 3 to 3 1/2 lbs. Just throw about any color jig out there and you're in!

5. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    One of the guys at work was saying a couple of his friends have been goin below the Ellsworth dam and tearing em up. I might have to check it out myself. 3 floodgates are still open, its raining now and is supposed to all day so they'll probably keep em open for a while yet.

Dave

6. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    nope...i dont have any luck in frond or behind of the dam i fish...maybe its this fisherman though...hummmmm

7. polecatter

polecatter Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Excellent fishing below the dam at Ft. Supply, mostly eater size channels in the basin on punch bait, but a few really nice flathead in the 20# to 60# range as well.

8. polecatter

polecatter Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Above post is just a report, I've not been fishing in a while myself! :0a22:

9. WOOD18

WOOD18 New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    I HAVE ONLY BEEN FISHING BELOW THE DAM A LAKE LUGERT, BUT TIMES WERE SLOW THERE, YOU REALLY HAD TO WORK FOR A FISH.

10. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    pensacola dam has been good to excellent below grand all year long

11. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    for the moment. The Corps is releasing over 130,000 cubic feet per second and it's pretty rough. Hopefully it'll stop raining up north and give the rivers a chance to go down.

12. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Albert,It has been rough here to,I fished the North Cand River 2 days ago A could not get 8oz to stick,It is GOING....Me and a buddy from work are thinking about Keystone Dam tomarow for some Striper action:eek:oooh:..All this water might pay off for us ???At this point I dont care I got to get to some WATER!Iv got it bad my Brother.If any one has a better spot Please let me know cuz we gone at 4-5 am,,,It is 9:15pm right now ................

13. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I know there predicting that it will take till the end of Aug to get all the lakes up North here back to normal pool levels. I think you'll be waiting for a while unfortunately.

14. Stoneman187

Stoneman187 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    They were biting slow, we managed to catch a couple before we had to leave. It was so hot we had to get out of the sun. We are looking for a spot we can fish without being in the broiling sun. The wife and I bank fish at least twice a week mostly below a dam when they are not running all the spillways wide open. We did real good at Eufala till they opened all the gates, and it looks like they could be open for some time yet.

15. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i am going to eufala saturday to fish the tailwaters.
    water is high and fast. what is the best rig to use under those conditions?
    this will be a first for me..i've never bank fished there before. i will take my cast net and hope for shad, but take some minnows just in case the shad aren't running.

16. Stoneman187

Stoneman187 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Eufala is running all the tainer gates open and if you let your sinker hit bottom you most likely won't get it back in. You have to just cast and reel right in or your hung up. There always seems to be shad you can catch there. I have fished there a lot but when they are having all the spillways open it is not good for bottom fishing. Since it is 102% full they must let lots of water out before they shut the spillway gates like I would guess over a month, it's taken a week to get from 106 % down to 102 % full that is like 10 feet above lake full the exrta storage is over 100% full still.

17. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Yall,I went to Eufala Dam yesterday,I got there around 6:00pm and Caught Sandbass and stripers tell 10:00pm I caught 80ish Sandies and 4 stipers.The sandies are biteing anything that moves I was useing Red head with white body jigs.I got the stripers with Storm pearl shad 6" Fished the Generator side.I stoped because My arms felt like they were going to FALL-OFF .Today Im so sore let me tell yall that dont Dam fish it is HARDCORE FISHING.Iv fished some of the crazyest plases on earth.You just go fish behind the Dam and do some Damfishing and yall will see what Im talking about,Good luck and be safe.They have 3 gates open about 3' when the water came out and hit the river bed it was Boiling up about 10-15 FEET What a site to see.As you can tell I had a blast it was awesome!!!!:0a26:

18. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Pat,

I'm thinking about fishing below a spillway from a lake that the creek flows into the Arkansas between Keystone and Kaw. Hopin that the Blues have made it up that far, and then went back up into the creek to get out of the stronger current of the ARK.

19. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Got a bunch of nice blues at Ft. Gibson dam this morning but action shut off about noon. Ya better have a big rig that will cast a long way to reach were they're at though!

20. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Oh yea, forgot to mention, you can walk all the way across the river on the shad!!!!!!!!!!!!