Dam Fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by vlparrish, Jun 17, 2006.

1. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Chuck and I went to the dam last night to try our luck. Here is a pic of the two fiah we caught, a blue and a flatty. The pic is horrible, because of poor lighting and also it is the first pic I have taken since I dropped my camera in the river. lol

Attached Files:

2. stonemaster

stonemaster New Member

State:
    versailles, ky.
    I went to lock 6 on the ky. river at dawn this morning and only caught one bass . I was using live bluegills right against the dam were the water was white. You caught some nice cats though, you are the man Vern! What bait were you using?

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Nice to see you two brothers going out and having fun together. The pic wasn't so bad, Vern. You still have the evidence even if it is fuzzy!

4. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Darrell, the flathead was caught on a 8 inch shad hooked dead whole. The blue was caught on a six inch buffalo hooked dead whole. On the bigger baits I tend to weave them on the hook for better presentation. I run the hook threw the eye sockets, pulling the entire hook threw including the eye. Then I run the hook threw the side about midways pulling the entire hook threw. Finally I will hook the bait in as far back as the tail as I can get and still have a solid "stick". Vern

5. 1fishhead

1fishhead New Member

State:
    ky
    nice catch, tony

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I could tell they were good cats. Also, that you now need another camera. LOL