dam at mark twain lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by wanna be catfisher, Apr 12, 2009.

1. wanna be catfisher

wanna be catfisher New Member

State:
    mo
    im going fishing there this weekend any tips or advice on bait i should use

2. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There are some nice blues and flats below the dam at marktwain. Fish off the side with the gun range right next to the fence. If the waters runnen and a big back eddy has formed use about 2 to 3 ounces of wieght and let the current pull it back to the wall. If you fish another rig use about 6 ounces and toss it out in the middle of the eddy it should stay there.
    Bait --slashed bleeding bluegills, whole shad slashed and fresh bloody cut carp work great. I have caught cats up to 50lbs out of there. Blues and flats. I go up there in late may and june and kill em. This early I dont know how the bite will be. Use large 3/0 hooks or better and a good chunk of bait to many lil ones. If you want pan size ones channles and blues up to 10 lbs small baits worms and shadguts kill em. :smile2: had a blast with the kidds catchen pan size ones all night before. Good luck up there.

3. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was up there last week. You could only enter on the south side, and the re-regulation dam is closed. Just so ya know. We didn't catch any fish, but I was just in it for the ride, anyways. We went almost all the way around the lake. Water looks muddy, but good. No trash. Catfish should be on the chomp soon, if not already...I'm waiting for the crappie to head for the banks. :cool2: Good luck! WELCOME TO THE BOC!

4. wanna be catfisher

wanna be catfisher New Member

State:
    mo
    thank you weldor and thank you cat in the hat the info was great