dam # 4 shephard island

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by tallmanrus, Dec 16, 2008.

1. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Has anyone around fished the # 4 dam(shephard island) by boat . i fish it alot but never launched a boat. i have herd of some good fishing around the gate wall below the dam . any tips or sugestions would be appreciated . I plan on launching soon

2. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Don't know much about it Tall. But, you let me know when and we will sure find out by trial and error if we have to! Hopefully during a warm weather run. Heck in a boat at freezing temps.

3. chrisb

chrisb New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    hey man i dont know but let me know when your going and ill meet you and we can find out

4. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    well i can tell yall one thing- me, the boat, and dam # 4 got a date for jan 1st. Start the new year out right . Yall are welcome to join me. i went sat and fished from the bank with not even a hit .A boat with two men and two young boys put in at the same time and went strait for the dam .they anchored up and came back in withen an hour with 7 blues the best two was around 12-15 lbs . i talked to the older man and he told me they got 14 the day befor and gave me some of his little hints and tricks. well if the weather is right on the first i will find out if his hints work . :big_smile:

5. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    robert have you no shame. prying that information out of those poor guys. taking advantage of them in their christmas spirit of good will toward men. hmmmm, might have to give that a try.

6. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    i didnt pry- that much :0a33:

7. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    go on and pry that is the only way to get anything from a catfisherman. always remember to put the plug in . i wouldnt know from experince:eek:oooh:

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    yea tall check them thangs i hate swiming.:tounge_out:

9. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    That is the first thing on my checkoff list - its hard to run to the boatramp with a foot of water in the bottom of the boat :smile2:

10. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Tall do ya think you'll catch one like what is in my Avatar???:eek:oooh::big_smile:

11. Riprap

Riprap New Member

State:
    Monticello
    It would be hard to catch one like in your avatar, but I think I may join tall on the 1st, let me know what time you will be at the ramp

12. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Good luck guys, I`ll keep a watch on how yall do.

13. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    i dont think so kev , but you never no. Don i plan on being there around 8-9 am . I found a spot on the way there to get shad and then ill be there . are you going to bring your boat if not let me know. I talked to a man today and he said the water is perfect. the dam isnt but maybe 3-500 yards from the ramp - thats where ill be .