Dalton Pond/Lake

Discussion in 'WASHINGTON LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tricitycatter, Jan 3, 2010.

1. tricitycatter

tricitycatter Member

State:
    Washington
    Well in a little more than a month the WDFW should start stocking Dalton pond with catchable trout & triploid trout. For those of you who don't know where Dalton Pond is: it is in the Big Flat Recreation area-take Kalotus hyway from Pasco, go past Ice Harbor Dam & Leavy Park exits till the road makes a hard 90 to the right, 1/4 mile or so it will make a hard 90 to the left & right thereat the corner is a dirt road & sign for Big Flat Rec area, just take the road & it will end at Dalton Pond. Bass & Catfish are in there as well.

2. tricitycatter

tricitycatter Member

State:
    Washington
    Went to Dalton Pond/Lake today, was hoping the warm weather & culvert to the Snake River would have melted the ice. But to my chagrin the only open water was near the culvert leading to the Snake river. Did have a fun time tossing powerbait to the edge of the ice & then pulling the weight off the ice & letting it drop, did have several bites but the trout were just sucking the powerbait off the hook. Tossed into the Snake on the other side of the Levey seperating Dalto 7 the Snake, tried Stink Bait, Shrimp, Worms, Pickeled Shad & Hearing but no takers icy fog set in about 2:00 pm so I headed for the barn. Can't wait till mid Feb when they start stocking trout makes for a fun couple of hours, by then the whole lake will be ice free & i can get to the end where the cats hang out.

3. tricitycatter

tricitycatter Member

State:
    Washington
    Well WDFW finally did the first Stock/Fish Plant on 2/18/10, they put 8,000 catchable trout in Dalton Pond (Big Flat Rec Area) and Quarry pond. I went to Quarry pond yesterday & caught nothing, saw 15 people get thier 5 fish limit in about 30 minutes, they had a Jake's Spin-A-Lure--brass with red dots, couldn't find any at all 8 stores that carry fishing supplys had to order from Bass Pro Shop, got 4 brass 2 silver. The trout should start biting on bait by this weekend, gonna go to Dalton Pond on Saturday to find out.