Dale JR VS. Tony JR

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by catfishjohn, Mar 11, 2009.

Should Tony JR stay on as Crew Chief???

1. Get rid of Tony Jr and get a new CC for JR now.

2. Give them til the end of the season to work on things and If Its the same, make a change.

3. They work great together, keep Tony JR as CC.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    After the Atlanta race and JR threatening to beat the crew with a hammer should they part ways? It seems that every time you hear a conversation between the 2 JR, is hollering or cussing him out. I think the Family thing kind of interferes with it, JR probably wouldn't act that way to somebody else. I'm not totally convinced that its 100% Tony's fault though. I think its on both of them. If JR would calm down and explain what his car is doing/not doing Tony would probably be able to help out more. I also think they are still trying to figure out the COT just like a lot of the other veterans. I just hope something changes before its too late.

What do you all think?:confused2:

2. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    before the 1st 4 races i would have said swap tony jr. and latarte. now i say the 24 is running right. i think jeff took a year off in his preparations last year and JR is not doing his preparations still. he is not as good a driver as his dad and needs to learn to drive even if the car is not perfect. if the driver is not on top of his driving the crew chief cannot do a whole lot to fix the car. these new cars do not drive real good most of the time anyway.

3. Marshall

Marshall New Member

State:
    Junction City,
    I think your right John. The chemistry between them has not been very good. Even at DEI they had alot of the same problems and they have brought them to Hendrick. Careless mistakes, pit road blunders, LUG NUTS left loose you name it it keeps happening. Something has to give. Maybe its not the crew or the crew chief. All the pressure on Dale Jrs shoulders to win races especially AT HENDRICK could be pulling him down. Im sure theres alot more reasons to factor in as well. CHANGES HAVE TO BE MADE. Just my 2 cents worth.

4. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I say get rid of tony.He has proven that he dosent know as much as his dad.Sometimes its better to be away from kin.
    smokey

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I say get rid of Tony Eury Jr NOW!!!

6. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    I am a JR fan for now. But for some reason IMO there is a serious disconnect in this crew. I am not saying who it is but Hendricks has to make a change. JR just does not seem to have the patience or drive anymore. He is makeing stupid mistakes, over shooting the pits, piting outside the box wrecking into people. But on the other hand Tony has not made all the correct adjustments to make JR better and many times has mad him worse.

7. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hendrick should find him a new crew chief or have Knauss decide the weekly pre race setup of the car so it would at least start off closer.

8. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    i think they should part ways and should have a long time ago.They just dont mesh well together,never have they constantly argue and bicker with each other and its effecting the team.I think both want to be in control and thats to many roosters in the hen house.The driver is suppose to drive and the crew chief is suppose to do all the tech stuff and make the on track calls,jr likes to do both.

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    < i think they should part ways and should have a long time ago.>

A-M-E-N!!!!

BB in SC

10. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    "Hammer Time"

Just like football it's allways the coachs fault when you loose.

Lot's of races left, I didnt vote. Well see what happens.....

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <Just like football it's allways the coachs fault when you loose.>

Troy, it's not like this problem just surfaced. Most Hendrick fielded cars GAIN positions during the course of a race, as adjustments are made. Jr. goes BACKWARDS most races, and has done so for years under the direction of Tony Eurey. I say at least TRY to change with a new crew chief. Then, if he can't get competitive, maybe his skill level would be in question. Personally, I think Jr. can drive just as good as anyone out there, as proven during the rare times when he has a competitive car. :wink:

Bill in SC

12. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    thay are like oil and water go seperat ways thay might both come out winers in the long run its not hard to see this combo just isent working

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I haven't voted yet but I think I'm leaning slightly towards getting rid of him. I wish they'd move Pops over there and let Jr CC the Nationwide car. I'm as big a JR fan as they come but the results speak for themselves...:confused2:

I've thought about it like this,,,
    Daytona- Plainly JR's mistake unintentional but his mistake.
    Fontana- Engine, can't blame either.
    Vegas- 10th place finish, not too bad.
    Atlanta- 11th place finish, again not too bad.

True, Tony JR doesn't usually make good adjustments Is it his fault or is JR too busy cussing & hollering to get it through to Tony what the car needs or is doing? Is It the COT thats giving them so much problems?
    I'm just trying to look at this from all sides. I want JR to win a title but somethings gotta give!:confused2:

14. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Tony didnt blow the pit stop and he didnt crash Vickers. I found myself wondering if Jr. was smokin crack or somethin. But it does seem like he goes backwards as the race goes on. I aint no mechanic and especially not a NASCAR technician but I watch Johnson get better every race and he aint the only one. If I had all that money invested I would be lookin very seriously at breaking them up. Dont really know which one needs to go where, but something must be done quickly.

15. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    A change in crew chief's might help, but it won't change the fact that Dale Jr. is just a average race car driver. I'd say it's unlikely he'll ever win a title, there's just too many drivers out there now days that are much better than him.

16. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Dale JR need Harry Hogge:smile2::tounge_out::wink:

17. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I'm thinking Dale Jr. is 80% of the problem and has been ever since Dale Sr. died. Jr's talent is probably as good as the next guy and maybe a little better, but Jr. has just had too many things buggin' the hell out of him both legally and professionally. THEN.....He thinks his "popularity" is just "all that" and he's too vain to realize it won't carry him to any finish line and if he don't get his act together the popularity will disappear and there won't be no finish line. He's riding Daddys' fame and too "Rich Bitch" to step up and grab his own. He could use a lesson or two from Hank Williams Jr., who finally grew up and realized that he had to do things his own way to really get anywhere. If Jr. could do THAT he'd be damn hard to beat.
    I don't see a different CC doing any good. I haven't seen Jr. do any better under anyone else. You can't help a person who think he knows everthing but won't tell you what he really needs.

18. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Well lets see where do I start? Jr. is a great driver and him and Tony jr. have won alot of championships in bush.I think its to early in the season to start yelling fire him or change them. In my opinion they will do fine just give it some time. Frustration yep he is frustrated he puts presure on his self to win like any champion dose. They will win many titles and after Jr dose I say he goes to RCR and drives them number 3 car,just remember you heard it hear first and by the way Jr will be the most populer driver because hes an Earnhardt and he is a winner.The vickers stuff I would have wrecked his ass to you go all out and thats that if Kyle bush would have done it everyone would have said thats just kyle!

19. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    HEY CRAB WHERE YOU BEEN AIN'T SEEN YOU POST IN LONG TIME/:wink:

20. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Ive been watching the new grand baby and not posting much. Thanks for asking.