Dale Jr to reveal plans for 2008 Wed

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by CarolinaCats, Jun 12, 2007.

1. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. has decided where he will drive next season, and all signs point to Hendrick Motorsports.
    NASCAR's most popular driver called a Wednesday news conference at his race shop, JR Motorsports, and spokesman Mike Davis said it was to announce his plans for 2008 and beyond.

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    :big_smile:What signs?
    Is this like the Joe Gibbs car with Visa on it?

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
  4. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thats what they are saying on ESPN and the websites I have been looking on too. Who knows? As a Jr. fan, I hope it isn't true, but we'll see.

5. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    yes i hope it aint true either, i would really like to see him go to Gibbs, it will be a sad sad day to see Jr. team mates with the likes of Gordon and Johnson, the Nascar pretty boys.

6. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'll stick with him wherever he goes, as long as he's still in a Chevy. When he starts winning with Hendrick and has a better shot at a Cup title that will take the sting away from being teammates with Gordon and Johnson. I just wonder how long it will be before Gordon or Johnson jump ship when the big egos start to collide.

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you ALL have heard the old saying....if you can't beat em, goin em!!! good for jr...i just wish waltrip was that smart!!??:tounge_out:

8. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    WELL HE AIN'T!!!!

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Who would he share a garage with? Gordon or Mears?
    I wonder if he'll still show up at the track in a t-shirt and jeans with his hat on backwards?

I'm sure there is all kinds of goodies in that contract.:lol:

10. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    He better learn how to drive better to stay up with these boys..... I wish him well.

11. STUMPKNOCKER

STUMPKNOCKER New Member

State:
    Georgia
    little E will be a better driver because of gordon and johnson, both former champions, and he will be on the best team in all of motorsports. but if Truex continues to do so well, makes me wonder if it was a good decision, who is teresa gonna put in the #8 ???

12. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I can see Kyle busch in the #8. He will be a good catch for someone.
    As far as gordon and Johnson teaching Jr. something. Yea, they may teach him about the Hendricks way but I think Jr. has shown he is capable of championships and wins. He's beat those two 17 times and currently 4th on the current driver win list.

I'm just curious is Jr. is going to be forced to change his image and get rid of the t-shirts or if he will have a loose leash.
    I'm also curious if he is going to own a percentage of the team.
    As one of the biggest free agencies you gotta wonder.

13. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Its so nice that the Gordon and JJ haters are everywhere not just at the track:roll_eyes:. They may be pretty but they win and that is what Jr wants is to win. Maybe they will give him some enlish lessons :lol:. Hendrick has one of the best teams so why not go with the best, you have great engines right off the block, hes still in a Chevy and probably because they have done so much research with the COTS they have the upperhand as we have already seen

14. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Well guys I am a devoted Hendricks man but I have severe reservations about this.I dont think JR will have ego problems because I havent seen any sign that R.Hendrick puts up with that.If you saw Pocono when a mike was thrust in his face and he was asked how it felt to win the race, JG promptly told the reporter to ask his crew chief because he had won it for him.No what worries me is the YANKEE analogy.Many mercenaries and I'm not calling JR one, have gone to the Yankees in HOPES of winning a ring.How has that worked out lately?:sad2:I personally feel Kyle Busch has a great future.He reminds me of Jimmie Johnson 3 years ago when he felt he had to race everbody at every stage of the race and Jr called him an idiot for causing a big wreck.Once he calmed down and started using his head he won a championship.Kyle simply hasnt calmed down yet,in fact he reminds me more of Big E than Jr does.Jr will bring a ton of money to the team and maybe Kyle feels he will be a better fit at DEI which he may be.He is a great talent with lots of good winning years ahead of him and I hope we Hendrick fans wont be sorry he left somewhere down the road.I see Jr as taking over the 5 and more than anything else he wants to win a championship or 2 or 3.I hope it works out for us and him.I also feel his fans will follow him because the real rivalry was between Sr and JG and Jrs fans will want him to win.Again I dont see any clash of egos here because the three of them are not very ego driven like some of the other drivers.They are fierce competitors however and that will carry over on the track.:smile2:

15. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    well its offichial hes with hendricks and they are working on trying to get him the #8

16. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
  17. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I hope he keeps the #8. my mother in law is a huge fan of his and has a ton of ernhardt stuff. Im afriad she'sd going to spend the inheritance if they switch his #. lol

18. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I think its great. I think it gives Jr the best chance to win a championship there than anywhere else. I'll stick with him wherever or whatever # he has!!! Hes a lot better off there than under that witch Teresa!!!

19. HUSKER77

HUSKER77 New Member

State:
    IRVING, TX
    CAN WE SAY MONOPOLY!

20. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    well, i certainly didnt see this one coming.....Jr officially is racing for Hendrick Motorsports in 2008, not sure where Kyle Busch is going.