Dale Jr. Leaving DEI

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Ghost River, May 11, 2007.

1. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    Y'all tell the truth now. How many of you are going to have to get a tatoo changed or buy a whole new wardrobe thanks to Jr's press conference yesterday? :lol:

2. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    Where'd all the JR. fans go? :lol: Ain't there anybody from Carolina for Alabama posting today? Y'all know that Jr was never 24 years old, don'tcha. That's right. Anybody that knows anything about racin knows Jr was 3 two years in a row cause 24 SUX!!! :lol: Wheres my UCLA contengency today (thats Lower Conway Upper Aynor SC)? Y'all know y'all are getting ready to repaint the living room.

3. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    Well there I went and showed my public school education, that should be Upper Conway, Lower Aynor :wink:

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    The silly season has officially began in '07 already. I guess the next question is, who will be the pilot in the 8 car next year ? and is Teresa Earnhardt planning on buying out Robert Yates Racing?

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

24 SUCKS yep, yep and yep... well....I do believe you have that right THERE Colt :big_smile:. L'il E did what he HAD to do.....he can't deal with that waitress of a mother-in-law anymore :wink:. It was kind of inevitable I suppose, not that he's so high on the IQ scale himself. BUT....he can drive, and I think he will prove it :cool2:.... we will SEE
    forgot to add....I look forward to it :)

6. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey everyone, I haven't been on for a while but look for me more in a couple weeks, when we finish our house and get moved!

Anyway, I would throw a geuss out here, that he will going to Gibbs, Bye Bye, JJ, Hello Dale Jr. Just a guess, we'll see!

7. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I believe that Ginn Racing probably will be little E's new home. I don't believe that he will go to Gibbs Racing because of the Budweiser sponsorship. Joe Gibbs and his whole family are very religious people. I don't think he'll go to Hendricks because they already have some very good drivers,and Jr wants to be THE man wherever he may end up. I don't think he will go to Childress,because that was who his father had all of his success with,and I think Jr wants to make his own legacy. If I was a betting man,I would put my money on Ginn Racing with the Budweiser sponsorship replacing the Army sponsorship next year. Ginn Racing may retain the Army sponsorship,but it will not be on their lead car like it is this year

8. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    I'm thinking hendricks. And while Ginn racing is basically a farm team for hendrick it still isn't the championship history that JR is looking for. Inspite of his superstar status as a driver JR is a very humble person and I don't think it will matter to him whether he is the poster boy for the operation or not, as long as he's got resources underhim.

9. hnterrcc1951

hnterrcc1951 New Member

State:
    indiana
    go jeff go, break all them records, the ones you havent already broke!!!:big_smile: :big_smile: :cool2:

10. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You may be right about Jr going to Hendricks next year,but I seriously doubt that will happen. I think wherever he ends up,he wants to be the lead driver. You can say what you want to about him not being concerned about being the poster boy or whatever,but I can't see him being too happy about being #3 in the food chain at Hendricks behind Gordon & Johnson. As far as you calling Jr a superstar,his stats don't qualify him to be called a superstar. I think if you check his stats you will have to agree that winning .6 of 1% of the races that he has run hardly qualifies him to be called a superstar. True,he may be the most popular driver,because of his fathers reputation,but that hardly puts him among the elite of all time drivers. I don't have any insight on where he will be next year,but I think that Bobby Ginn probably is going to open up his bank accout,and offer Jr whatever it takes to get him. He certainly would be the star driver at Ginn Racing,and I still say that's what he wants to be. Here are the stats in Winston/Nextel Cup for Jr:Dale Earnhardt Jr. 8 Chevrolet

Height: 6-0 Weight: 165
    Born: Oct 10, 1974, Kannapolis, NC

Nextel Cup Busch

Career Race Data Top Average
    Year Races Wins Poles 5 10 DNF Finish Start Winnings
    1999 5 0 0 0 1 1 21.4 14.4 $162,095
    2000 34 2 2 3 5 7 20.9 14.6 $2,585,475
    2001 36 3 2 9 15 4 15.2 16.7 $5,384,627
    2002 36 2 2 11 16 3 17.1 12.8 $4,570,976
    2003 36 2 0 13 21 4 12.7 12.5 $4,923,497
    2004 36 6 0 16 21 4 12.1 10.9 $7,201,380
    2005 36 1 0 7 13 6 20.5 24.9 $5,761,832
    2006 36 1 0 10 17 3 13.5 19.2 $5,466,104
    2007 11 0 0 1 4 3 17.5 17.3 $1,651,938

Totals 266 17 6 70 113 35 16.8 15.9 $37,707,924

11. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    He is not my favorite but he is THE superstar of Nascar racing. Stats have nothing to do with star pwoer and fan draw. 4 times in a row most popular driver. Nobody else even close in the running. Nobody else come close to selling the merchandise his vendors do. He is THE superstar of nascar.

I don't think it will be money that will wooo him to whoever he signs with. He's got money. He's got plenty of it. He built his own wild west town at his farm for peet sake. It isn't disposable income he's after, it's championships. I think he's a perfect fit at RCR but Ed Hinton who has covered the Earnhardts for years stated that something is not right there and I tend to think he probably knows more about it than I do. Gibbs said they were not interested withthe Budweiser sponsor on their car so , IMO Hendricks is it.

12. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I think RCR is the most logical fit.
    You can rule out Gibbs and Hendricks with a 4 car stable rule, if he went Hendricks he would be playing 3rd or fouth fiddle, or Gibbs not wanting a beer sponsor but RCR. How can you rule out them?

Jr. is clearly based and values his fans. I think it will play a part in his decision too.

13. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Let me get this straight,you consider Jr a superstar just because he wins most popular driver awards,and sells more souvenir merchandise than any other driver? I guess you and I will never agree on what constitutes superstar status,because to me, to be considered a superstar, I believe it should be done on the track,and not by a biased vote of the fans or selling souvenirs out of vendors trailers. Oh,by the way,did you consider his father Dale,Sr to be a superstar?

14. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I don't think at this time anyone can be ruled out,but I did hear Jr say during his interview with DW that RCR was where his father had made his legacy,and he wanted to make his own legacy. As far as the Hendrick stable is concerned,I'm not sure everyone in that stable is assured of being back next year. If Gordon and Johnson weren't already there,and are going to be there for as long as they want to be,I believe it would be a no brainer where Jr would be next year. If Jr was telling the truth in that interview with DW,I just have a gut feeling that Jr is going to look very seriously at Ginn Racing as his next home. I'm not ruling out the possibility of him going to Hendricks,but like I've said before I don't think he wants to be #3 on the food chain there behind Gordon and Johnson.I suppose if you want to play with the math a little you could use this kind of reasoning why he would go to Hendricks. Take his current number 8 minus his fathers number 3,and I believe you have the number 5,as the answer!JMO

15. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina

Absolutely fan draw is = to stardom. As a matter of fact talent has little to do with stardom. Have you ever heard Cher sign? :crazy:

The problem is he has the talent and can't get the resources to win from Teressa Earnhardt Incorporated. And yes Dale was a star too. As a matter of fact in 2001 I think it was Forbes that named him in the top 10 most powerful people in Nascar racing, the only driver in the top 50.

But if you want to talk driving talent Tony Stewart is among only a handful in Nascar that have that something extra that drivers like Dale, David Pearson, Fireball Roberts, and Jeff Gordon have(among some others ofcourse). Not a Nascar driver but you can put Scott Bloomquist in that group too. I don't believe we've seen JR in good enough equipment to tell yet. But make no mistake about it, JR is THE rockstar of Nascar. You see it in the pits, the stands, the souvineer trailers. Part of it is his name and part of it is his layed back don't give a bleep attitude that he personifies. I don't think he is the most talented driver on the track but he is the biggest star.

16. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I dont think Jr. has had consistent enough equipment to even have claimed his own driving style yet.

I think what you heard Jr. tell DW was that he wouldnt feel comfortable in the 3 because that was his dad's legacy.
    He went on to say that in 20 years or so he would like to drive the 3 (his waning years as a driver).

Now consider this. He was talking with alot of emotion.
    Sit down with with Childress and talk it all may change as far as car number.
    Personally I feel Sr. would have loved to see Jr. in the 3. Not just the 3 but the black 3. Its the Earnhardt signature. GM would be all over it too in a heartbeat. No pun intended.
    He's looking championships and I would imagine with a time proven team.
    The most logical choice is RCR.

Rick Hendricks isnt one to can someone's contract to get someone else.
    I dont recall him ever doing that.
    Mears is too close to Hendrick to shaft. Kyle Bush is a young hotshot with alot of talent that has plenty of years to grow into a Gordon. Hendrick paid alot of money to "steal" Kyle from the Ford camp.

And todays News and Disturber pointed out another fact.
    Hendrick grooms his drivers in speaking and they show up to the track dressed. Jr. loves those jeans and t-shirts.:lol:

Wouldnt it be awesome if he drove the black 3 and Chocalate Myers got out of that darn museum job to be the fuel man?

17. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Did you realize that Dale Sr never won a most popular driver award while he was alive? The only most popular driver award that he won, was awarded to him posthumously in 2001 after he was killed. Jr may be a rock star,but we are talking about race car drivers,not rock stars! Like I said earlier you and I are never going to agree on what makes a race car driver a superstar,so I'm tired of beating this horse to death. How popular do you think Jr would be if he was not the son of Dale Earnhardt,and the tragic way his father's life came to an end? How can he be the biggest star on the track,if he's not the most talented driver? I thought the biggest star on the track was the guy that wins the most,most top 5 finishes,most top 10 finishes,most poles,etc. I'll leave with this parting shot,I have my opinion,and you have your opinion,and they are vastly different. Oh,one last comment about Jr. He has accomplished what he wanted to,and that is by making his announcement at this time,he will be in the spotlight the rest of the season,no matter what he does on the track!!

18. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Hmmm...

Daddys Name, Daddys money, not much talent, don't give a bleep attitude

sounds like Paris Hilton to me!:lol:

LMAO!!!

19. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    I'm just interested. Who DO you consider to be the biggest star in nascar if not Dale JR?

20. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I told you in my last post that I was tired of beating this horse to death,and that's what I meant! You know my feelings on what constitutes a driver being considered a superstar,and I'm going to give you 3 drivers who I consider to be bigger stars in Nascar than Jr,than as far as I'm concerned this topic is over. Jeff Gordon,Tony Stewart,and Jimmy Johnson. This is my last post to discuss this with you,because I learned a long time ago that it's hard to have a discussion with someone that doesn't understand what your trying to say!