Dale Jarrett calling it quits

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by wolfman, Oct 13, 2007.

1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Jarrett wil run 5 points races and 2 exhibiton races in 2008 before calling it quits. David Reutimann will be taking over the #44 UPS Toyota

2. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    About 6 years too late IMO. I hate that he slipped into obscurity, and hung around for so long after he stopped being competitive. I wish he'd gone out on top (or at least when it wasn't considered a victory to finish on the lead lap). As a DJ fan, the past several years have been painful. And as a fan, I'm glad this whole thing has been put out of it's misery.

Jon

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I always liked DJ, I wish he'd went out on the winning side, but isn't that the way it happens with all the greats, they run too long and retire struggling to finish or even make a race. BUT he's a millionaire and he has a hot wife so I don't feel too bad for him.....lol:smile2::tounge_out:

4. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I think this is a good way for him to go out. He may not have had the best equipment these last few years but he has been driving and still having fun racing. Even if you start at the back and finish last its still fun to drive a 700 hp car around with some of the best drivers in the world. I think just maybe its not as fun as it used to be for him. He is going to run the first five races next year so his team stays in the top 35 in owners points so his protege doesnt have to race in every race. And the best of all he can still go to any nascar race he wants and probably get in for FREE. Sounds like a good retirement. And dont forget the HOT wife thing:big_smile:

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    It seems to be the way to go out these days, Bill Elliott, Ricky Rudd, Terry Labonte, Mark Martin and Rusty Wallace have all announced their retirement in the last 3-4 years but are still racing part time with the exception of Rusty Wallace.

6. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Well, technically, he only ran a partial schedule this year. How many races did he not qualify for? I have a friend who works for TRD, and he says that MWR is having issues with personel. Obviously that'll effect everything else.

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    he has had a good career. i just wish he had two or three yrs. left to race! im a waltrip fan as you all know! lol.. i do think they are heading in the right direction and would like to see Dale in a competitive car again. bet he would be right up there with the best of em...rollo