Dale Hollow

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jrgriffhusker, Oct 11, 2009.

1. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Has anyone on here fished this lake? I was thinking of taking the family on vacation down there. They can go to the longest yard sale and I go fishing. See it works out great. Now that being said I doubt I'll have any chance of it working out that way. But I will bring it up to the wife and try it. PM if you have any good spots to fish because I can be very persuasive.

2. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    TN52
    Yard Sale
    May 21-22, 2010
    (2nd Longest in Tennessee!)
    NEVER FISHED THE HOLLOW BUT LOVE TO MAKE THE 52 YARD SALE. iT IS CLOSER TO THE LAKE AND DURING PRIME FISHING TIME. GOT A FRIEND WHO TROUT FISHES GOBEY CREEK. HE SAYS IT IS GREAT.

3. festus

festus New Member

They also have a yard sale on Hwy. 127 that stretches from Ohio to TN in early August. Over 600 miles.

http://www.127sale.com/

4. dthrasher

dthrasher New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The roller coaster yard sale was weekend before last. It is big in Celina Tennessee and all throughout that area. That is also a mega spot for Dale Hollow Smallmouth. The dam is also located there. I grew up on Dale Hollow, on the Kentucky side. There is no bad place. It offers everything from deep channels to coves and plenty of feeder creeks. Great for bass, crappie, cats and walleye. There are plenty of access points. There are also some nice cabin rentals at the parks and marina's. Just a thought, stay in a cabin, yard sale during the day and the evening belongs to you. Dennis

5. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I fished Dale for years when I was stationed at Ft Knox.Beautiful lake and to all the fish Dennis listed add trout both rainbows and lake trout in the lake and plenty more below the dam.Have fun:big_smile:

6. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    All great ideas and much appreciated. BUT I brought the whole idea up to the wife and she doesn't really want to drive that far for a yard sale. I tried convincing her but I don't see it happening. I'll just have to wait 30 years til I retire and then we'll travel, I'll fish and she'll shop. Or something like that.