daiwa

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by cathouse, Sep 8, 2008.

1. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    picked up a 27H reel this weekend in a garage sale grab bag seems well built enough metal frame and side plates just needs a new clicker assembly and handle retaing screw cover has a 4:6.1 ratio and holds around 220 yds. of 20# line balances great whith my white ugly stick i know they make this reel under the cheaper (less expensive) firewolf line but this is the older reel it also has a 2 bearing drive after cleaning and lubing the spool spins seemingly as good as my squidder surprisingly , how well do they cast and are they as solid as they seem to be ? i am going to try it in place of my 9m on ny next outing .

2. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    Come on folks surely some one has some experience with this reel or am i gonna have to do a review and let you all know .

3. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I've used a couple of different Sealines and they've always been solid as a rock for me. Of course, I've never had any problems with Daiwa gear.

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    No experience,but I would love to read your review after you use it.Thanks.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

5. Cuda

Cuda Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    Have you tried the compy?

6. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good luck finding your parts hope they will serve your needs

7. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    Well folks didnt catch anything huge but the reel is rock solid 1 piece aluminum frame and side plates and cast like a rocket , now one thing i notice i am able to cast lighter weights more comfortably with this reel keeping in mind my skill level than i am with my 9m , not to say its a better reel it just seems to work better for me as for the construction these seem to be the types of things that are desired and done to some penns to improve there performance and function ie. squidders , jigmasters which i also own and i had a relatively easy time aquiring parts and was told by one persom while inquiring about parts that these reels were a standard for a great while during there production run ill never put my penns aside but on my seven foot medium heavy ugly cat this reel might just have a home with my 9m close by , oh and it has bearings to boot . well thats all for now check back for updates , if i forgot something you want to know specifically please post and ill try to answer .

8. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Well, for my thoughts, I've always had REAL good luck with Daiwa reels, I've used an old 7000 spincast for a lot of years. and have recently started using a Daiwa millionaire 300 baitcaster, it is real smooth, the drag is tough, and it just worked,, haven't landed any monsters but the ones I've used it on got reeled in pretty good!! mostly in the 10-15 lb range, using 20 lb Berkeley big game mono..

9. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I use daiwa 6000 reels and like them