Daiwa Regal Plus Bite N' Run Spinning Reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by jeremiah jensen, Jan 10, 2010.

1. jeremiah jensen

jeremiah jensen New Member

State:
    IL
    Does anyone have any input on this reel. Would it just be worth buying the shimano baitrunner. Thanks for your help ans also this has been a great site for helping me pick out catfishing gear. I just signed up today.

2. Balex123

Balex123 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC

3. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Welcome to BOC Jeremiah, I don't know about the daiwa bite n run, but I do know the shimano bait runner is a good reel. My wife uses them, but then they just come out with a new verison of the baitrunner, with improvements and a smaller one also.

4. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    I had one broken inside on a medium sized shark,but that was way too much for that reel.How was I to know the shark would hit a little finger mullet?Anyway,the Shimanos are tried and true and proven by members of this site.That would be my recommendation.
    Welcome to the site.

5. espressokev

espressokev New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i say go for it! If i would've known at the time, i wouldn't have bought my shimano when i did. I only found out about diawa's baitrunners afterward. I may end up buying one anyway because they're priced so well compared to the shimanos or okumas.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jeremiah Welcome to the USCA. I look forward to reading of your fishing trips. I'm not familiar with the real you ask about.

7. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Welcome to the USCA Jeremiah!

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Welcome to USCA Jeremiah!

9. jeremiah jensen

State:
    IL
    Well I have some gift cards to cabelas I need to burn up so I will give it a try and let people know how it works out and holds up. Thanks for the input.

10. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Let us know how it works out. Welcome to the USCA

11. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    Jeramiah, I hope it works out for you.Again,mine blew up on a mad shark,so if youre catfishin with this reel it probably wont be a problem.I recommend Shimanos because they have been very good to me,and its pretty well known that the baitrunners have been very solid reels.Good luck.

12. jeremiah jensen

State:
    IL
    Lowcountry I know what you are saying but it is very hard to let go of that amount of money right now. I was able to also purchase a quantum cabo cbc 30 pt, so i was able to get two reels for the price of one baitrunner. For anyone looking for these cabo's Cabelas has them in their bargain cave for $109.00 right now. I have heard some good things on the cabo and I know they came out with a new model for this year but I had to get it for that price. As I said before thanks for all the input... Take care

13. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

State:
    sc
    Man,you did good on that Cabo.Those reels are very popular with saltwater fishermen.I know they hold up very well.You will be happy with that reel guaranteed.