Daiwa Reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Terry Day, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    I've been going to make the switch from a spin cast reel to a bait cast reel. I have posted a few questions and have received very good responses. I have a concern about backlash on the bait casting reel. I know that I need to practice/practice/practice. I just remembered that I have a Daiwa (Millionaire) bait caster that I have had for at least 25 years. Could never get used to it as a bass reel so it has been sitting in a closet for about 20 years and has never been cleaned as far as I know. I took it apart and it looks real good. Need to clean it up and grease it a little and then I will start practicing. The nut securing the handle to the reel will not tighten down enough to get rid of excessive play.

My question is: Where can you find parts for a Daiwa thats 20 to 25 years old? Went to the Daiwa web site but could find nothing of value. Don't think I'll use this reel on the river, but it sure is good enough to practice with.

Thanks

2. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    The newer baitcaster have devices inside such as magnets to reduce a lot of the back lash..I learned to cast an old Penn NON level wind
    if you tighten the knob to far you can cast better but not as far and the other way around

I took an older baitcaster apart to clean and lube it and I had no idea what I was doing ...lets just say that its now sitting in a box in the garage
    I told Cornhusker about it at the last Ohio Gettogether I went to and he just smiled at me lol
    It would be worth it to take it someplace and spend the $20 to have it done

If it was me Id go get a used baitcaster and pratice with it ,..I still birdsnest them lol

3. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Thanks bro catfish,

I appreciate the info. Don't know of anyone in the KC MO area that works on reels.

Maybe, Rogers Lures in liberty. Will give them a call Tuesday (after the holiday) and ask them. If they don't do it, maybe they can recommend someone.