Daiwa Procaster 100HN

Discussion in 'Reel Repair and Upgrades' started by rednecksportsman511, Jan 25, 2006.

1. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    I recently got a new Daiwa setup for bass. My reel is a Daiwa Procaster 100HN (baitcaster). It's great but I started noticing something that I've noticed before on other baitcasters-sometimes when I push the handle to start reeling, it the button seems to not click and lock as easy, almost like two little clicks instead of one. What I was wondering is if this was anything to be concerned about, or is it most likely just me?

2. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    Clarify something for me. Did you mean you have experienced the same thing on other baitcasters or did you mean you had not experienced the same thing? :confused:

If it's the same, I don't understand the question.

Frank

3. rednecksportsman511

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    i mean ive exerienced the same thing on other baitcasters, but i didnt notice it much today, so it might be just me. :p

4. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    Now I understand. You might try cleaning the inside of the reel & flushing it out. Even though it's a new reel it could have a piece of grit or metal filing inside causing it. It may just be new and will work it out (break in).:)

I had a new Shimano Bantum 100 baitcaster (20# years ago) do the same thing for awhile. Couldn't find anything wrong & shortly it quit? Never did find the problem. Still have the reel and it works fine!
    Frank

5. rednecksportsman511

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    thanks for the info!:)