Daiwa Mini Cast

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by YeeHaw, Apr 30, 2006.

1. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    I just won a Daiwa Mini Cast from a fishing contest this weekend in lorain IL. Does anybody know about this rod and reel? It's small so i'm thinking about using it for panfish. I just need a little feedback about this.

2. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Should be a good reel, I was looking at them a while ago, yeah it looks small, but packs quite the punch for a light/ultralight reel, I always have a blast fishing with smaller setups, would be good for catching some bait. If it doesn't have a rod, I would suggest an Ugly stick lite pro, anywhere from 4'6" to 5'6" I am not sure if they make a 4'6", but I know that shakespeare makes them in other non ugly-stick models.

Aaron

TA2D

3. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    It came with a rod. 4'6'' ultra light it even came with a little case. pretty cool.

4. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I had one of those combo's in the case 25 years ago & as I recall, it was pretty decent.

Eric

5. Biker RN

Biker RN New Member

State:
    southern middle TN
    I have a couple of those setups. Wife and I love to catch panfish and crappie on them.. Thay are very nice sets for not too much money.

6. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    I carried one all over the us on a truck. it doesn't take up much space and with 4lb line you can cast a mile. I never hooked anything bigger than a 1 1/2lb rainbow with it and it handled him ok. got mine in neb. at cabellas for abt $35.00

enjoy! it is a good little setup.

7. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    its great for trout , have cought 2. /6 lb rainbows on mine when i get tired of fly rod , i get it out never missis a beat. l

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I bought a mini cast/rod combo back in the 70's. The rod was 5ft. - 5 piece pack rod. The whole outfit came in it's own little hard shell case. It was a fun little outfit perfect for Trout. I kept it under the seat in my car for spur of the moment fishing. Somewhere along the line I broke the rod but I still have reel.

9. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    Well on thursday i was fishing with it. I caught 16 bass with it, and on the 16th one it broke in half. So i taped it and caught the 17th one, didn't help much, guess i'll get an ugly stick 4'6''.

10. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    got the 4'6'' ugly stick works great with the Dawina reel.