Daiwa Millionaire

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by jcat, Feb 6, 2008.

1. jcat

jcat New Member

State:
    IL
    I never see these mentioned. Does anyone in catland have millionaire experience or recommendations???

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Its a nice reel, but it aint good as Abu Reels. :smile2:

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Why is it called the millionaire?Do you have to be one to afford it?lol:wink:

4. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    charles about sumed it up !!!!!

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    this was my fist bait-casting reel. i bought this reel from bass pro shops back in the early eighties. darn good reel. cost like $80 bucks back then. still wish I had it!:sad2:

6. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Its like Charles said hard to beat abu garcias. Thats not to say the daiwa millioniare reels aren't nice.

7. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I dont know about the millionaire reel...but I have a Diawa 5000 spinning reel and it is great. I've had it for a longtime and landed many big fish on it. No problems here. I like it mainly, because I can reel it in fast and bring a 6 oz sinker up to the surface skipping across the top of the water and not get snagged up because of the super fast retrieve ratio.:crazy:

8. dex

dex Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I own 2 of them. I use them for channels good reels, neither have a clicker

9. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Why not?In what ways.How many of each have you owned to compare?I am curious.:smile2:

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

10. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    How many of each have you owned to compare?What makes you believe this and why?

I am curious and doing my best to learn all that I can about ABU GARCIA reels.I need to know "why" to learn.

I have a old Diawa Millionaire 4H in great condition that was given to me as a gift by a very good friend.It is mounted on a "Gator" custom built "Channel Cat Rod".From what I can find out,it was the first Millionaire model imported.It is made in Japan.It has bushings for bearings and a adjustable centrifugal casting brake.Apparently the reels speed was already too fast before the addition of ball bearings for those who did not wish to learn how to cast without reel help.The first reel out so easy that a cave man could do it?

Thanks for any comparisons you folks have done so you would be able to make such a judgments

11. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have never used one but i would have to say its hard to beat an Abu!!

12. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    They're basically a duplicate of an abu 5000. However, you can't get replacement parts for them nearly as easy as the abu.

13. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    The reels on the left are Daiwa Millionaires
    1- CV-Z300A.. new 1-CV-X300A on the rods...

2 in the back on box's are Daiwa Millionaires
    1- CV-Z300A.. new 1- CVZ 253A

2-On the right ,on box's are Ambassadeur'
    2-RECORD RNC 60 HIGH Capacity..new

1- on the rod is ABU Morrum's-M 5600C
    1-abu 6500CSMAG on its box...new

I also have a morrum 7700CL Hvy Duty freshwater/light saltwater ( sweet )
    among others...

To show the pics of the reels is to show that I own and have fished with both reels.
    I can say this ,,the abu 5000 might look like the older millionaires but don't even come close to the CVZ's /X's/A's millionaire's make today.

I fish exclusively with ABU'S for 20yrs and my Bro fished daiwa millioniare..For yrs we argued who had the best reels..LOL:smile2::smile2:
    But one day I was buying some Large shiners for bait and as I looked Thur the glass case,there was a milloniare CVZ253A sitting their,and I ask to see it since our birthday was approaching( were twins )and I was going to get it for him..256.00,,
    To make a long story short,He got the reel on our birthday, but never used it because he said it cost to much. kept it in his gun case for a yr,,that following yr I ask ,,what you going to do with it?. So he gave it back???:crazy:. I took that reel,And Bros That thing could cast a split shot .lol..No kidding that reel changed my mind about something I didn't know anything about,,and that was the Daiwa Millioniare...
    Thats why you see 2 of them on rods in the pics..but I do have 2 ABUs on rods as well as the 2 new Records, and 2 more Milloniares,,I find after the last 15+yrs fishing with both..

IMHO,,Both ARE BADDEST CATFISH PULL-EN, HOG DRAGGING MACHINES THAT YOU CAN PUT ON A CATFISH ROD...:wink:

You can order all parts for The millioniares at,And get them..must have part #'s

U.S. Service:
    Daiwa corporation
    12851 Midway Place
    Cerritos, . Ca 90703 U.S.A.

1-(562) 802-9589

Attached Files:

14. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Heres the other pic's

Attached Files:

15. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Heres a pic of my grandson with his New ABU 5600Mag Thats going atop his new b85 red rod that papa built for him..:wink:

Attached Files:

16. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Theres no doubt daiwa makes some good rods and reels. I have some of there rods and reels, I don't have any of the millionaire reels. I have looked at some of the more expensive ones in the past and they are nice. When I say you can't beat a abu garcia it is in reference to price, quality, and service. Didn't mean to step on anyones toes, thanks for the pics.

17. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Did'nt step on mine LOL..Bro..
    You got that right Max,, The prices on them millionaires are up there,along with them ABU morrums..which Abu,stopped production just because of the low sales...I think I read that somewhere,,I know I cannot find another 7700CL MORRUM,,nowhere..not even on ebay..

For the Money its ABU hands down,you get a great reel,even in the lower models..But watch where you buy them,:wink:

18. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    There's a 7700 morrum on ebay right now. Think the price is around 190.00 with 3 or 4 days of bids left.

19. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

link...........
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Ambassadeur-SX7...QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem.....ect
    Ambassadeur SX7700 CL 7700 Reel Big Game Super Clean NR///
    Not Morrum..Still looking

Nope They hav'nt got it,,Wrong reel ,On the front of this reel you see Ambassaduer,, The one I'm hunting for Reads ( MORRUM )Looks similiar but does'nt have the cut in the hood....Man I thought I found a mate for mine LOL..
    Thanks xringer..Kenny

20. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Sorry if I sounded like I was offended.I didn't mean it as such.I have been trying to learn all that I can about ABU Garcia reels for a while now.I have never owned one but am very interested in them as "This many people can't all be wrong!I had a extremely good hearted person offer to send me one and I turned him down as I did not figure I would live long enough to use it.I did not want some one that was that nice of a person to give up one of his reels.The thought and offer still means a awful lot to me.I will never forget it or him.There are some wonderful people out there.

Does anyone know if the early Millionaires prices were as high as they are now?