Daiwa Millionaire S300??

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Whiskers4life, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Whiskers4life

Whiskers4life New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I just picked one up new for about 30 bucks, and was wondering if anyone has tried them, and if so, how do well do they work??

2. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I have 2 of them on Heavy Action 7'6" flippin sticks and they work well. Ive only caught cats to 12 lbs on them so far but they seem like they'll handle much more. I have them spooled with 20 lb. stren magnaflex. To adjust the brakes, u gotta remove the sideplate. Get them set right and backlash is a thing of the past well almost.

3. Whiskers4life

Whiskers4life New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Sounds good, I have 80 lb Power Pro on mine, and they seem nice....So FAR..LOL...I did notice that about the brake, but the spools are very easily replacable, and the super speed shaft is a great idea aswell, I just caught two cats this last week on Thursday, one 14 and one 16 Channels, and not one were tough....Pic in my gallery.....Thanx though

4. Dak2004

Dak2004 New Member

State:
    OKC,Oklahoma
    I got mine about 2 months ago and really like it! It,s on a 8ft. berkley reflex,strung with 17lb. P-line. Ithink I might like it more than my abu 6600 D6,never had a backlash on the daiwa but the abu thats a another story LOL.Biggest fish so far was an 8lb channel,no problem and yesturday I pulled in the biggest snapping turtle i,ve seen on it!! You got a good deal at 30 bucks,I gave 50 for mine.

5. Nate

Nate New Member

State:
    OH - IO
    Where did you find that reel for $30?

6. Whiskers4life

Whiskers4life New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I found it at a Dorn True Value in Wisconsin, and the guy told me he would give it to me for 30, the sticker said 52, then he was kind enough to wrap it with 80# Power Pro for free....