Daiwa Millionaire Classic Opinions

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Capn Crunch, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Capn Crunch

Capn Crunch New Member

State:
    Lexington,
    I was thinking of getting a new reel. The one that's really caught my eye lately is the Daiwa Millionaire Classic (probably the 300-series). This reel would be for striper and cats, both on lakes and rivers.

Does anyone have experience with them? If I do get one, I'll put the Smooth Drag washers in it. Just curious what your thoughts are on the quality, castability, fit & finish, etc. of this reel.

Thanks!!

2. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I had a couple of the 300's that I used last year. Very smooth reel, it cast pretty well (I had 30lb mono on it), but like the ABU 6000 reels, line capacity is a bit on the low side once you get into lines heavier than 20lb mono. Clicker on it sucks, it's worse than an ABU 6000 series clicker. The factory handle is a bit short, IMO. I had a couple of ABU Power handles on them, they were much better then.

It will work fine if you're fishing lines lighter than 30lb mono (or equivilant diameter braids) and you are leaving in a holder with the reel in gear. The clicker will work in areas of no current, but any current at all will probably be too much for it.

If you're going to use it for lures and such, then the clicker isn't important.

3. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Mike,,If your talking about one of these your in good shape..I have 2 of the CV-X 300A, and 1 CV-Z 300A(which cannot be found)I don't know if you can find either one of them???. Both are as good as any ABU I've ever used. Both have the Speedshaft System,- Infinite Anti-reverse,- the CV-Z has 6 ball Bearing and the CV-X has only 3 along with the centriflex automatic centrifgal spool brake.I'm a ABU man all the way.But these millionaires caught my eye when I was buying my brother a birthday present yrs ago.

I bought him a CV-Z 253A small spooled for bass.and ordered myself the ABU MORRUM M7700CL. I was impressed right off the bat with the power this little reel had in it when my bro let me use it one day.So I went hunting and found the Bigger 300-A wide spools. The hard drag washers do a fine job handleing some of the biggest fishs I've caught up to the one in my avatar 57lb??

You will not be sorry ,, thats for sure..If its other than these..I'm sure it's a good product , or I hope it is..Good Luck in your dicission Bro..:wink:

Kenny

Attached Files:

4. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Heres 3 other shots..

Attached Files:

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Those are some pretty sweet looking reels!! Guessing they'll do the job on OL' MISTER WHISKERS!! Daiwa Millionaires are great quality reels. I owned one when they first came out. circa. early 1980's? anyhow good luck with them!!

6. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    Kenny, the Millionaire Classics are a totally different reel than your CV's. The Classics are to the Millionaire line what the BCX reels are to the ABU line--A lower priced option from China.........

7. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Thats what I thought..:wink:

8. Capn Crunch

Capn Crunch New Member

State:
    Lexington,
    Thanks Chris. That's kinda the info I was hoping to find out without outright saying it. :wink: For the price the Classics fetch, I had a feeling that was the case. I think I'll look for a 6500C3 for the project I had in mind and call it a day. I'm already intimately comfortable with the use, takedown, and maintenance of the Abu x500 type reels anyway. Thanks for all the info, guys!

Now Kenny, those reels sure look nice!

9. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    They are good reels but I like spinning reels better.