Daiwa Emblem

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Bravesnflat25, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Bravesnflat25

Bravesnflat25 New Member

State:
    Anderson
    Hey I was wanting to know if anybody has on of these reels and if so are they any good. I am thinking about buying me one with a surf rod. So that I can throw a little further than I do now

2. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

Bravesnflat,
    In my 30+ years of kitty fishin' I have found that Diawa is a very durable reel especially the salt water reels...
    I would say go for it, you won't be let down.

3. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Bought 2 of the large Diawa Emblems from Cabelas back in 2004--they hold 200 yds of 25lb. test I think. Never used them yet--got one on a 11-13' Tiger Ugly Stick and the other one on a 7' Tiger. I'm hoping to use them this year, paid 49.00 each for them I think I saw them go for 199.00 at a bait store in Wichita Falls TX.

4. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    But I picked up a Daiwa Sealine 47SH last year and I love it. I've got it on a 10 foot ugly-stick. Casts a mile but is a little picky about thumbing the spool to prevent backlash. Mine casts farther with less effort than my Abu 7000s on the same rod. By the same tolken the Abu's cast plenty far and I don't think I could backlash one if I tried. Darn good looking reels too...those Daiwas.

5. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i have an emblem 5000 on a 12 tsunami surf rod . its the smoothest casting spinning reel i have ever used. i have a lot of very nice shimano spinning reels that i love to fish with but for 80.00 bucks i dont think you can beat the diawa emblem.