Daiwa DF100A Giant reel.

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by peewee williams, Mar 26, 2008.

1. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Daiwa DF100A Giant reel update?

It has been a while since someone asked about this reel.There should now be some out there with some experience with it.Any one own or use one who could give us their opinion on one after using one a while.Thanks.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

2. redneckchev

redneckchev New Member

State:
    georgia
    i have a df100a reel.i've had it for about a year now.i like it alot but the only draw is the slow gear ratio.other than that it is a really good reel for the money.i have mine spooled with 30lb mono on a 10ft MH rod and the thing will cast a country mile.i've landed a few blue cats with it in the 20-30lb range also landed the 40lb flathead in my avatar with it.it holds up really good.i was kinda leary of them at first considering they are only 29.99 at bass pro shop.finally i decided to get one and try it out.in my opinion you cant go wrong on them.

3. lou_a

lou_a Member

State:
    Texas
    A low gear ratio on a reel this large does not matter IMHO. Each crank of the handle would retrieve more line than 99.9 percent of reels on the market. This is a huge reel. Kinda old school in that the crank is on the left and can not be moved. So large that it would only be good for bait/bottom fishing where you only have to cast it a few times a day. You'd get wore out trying to repeat cast this thing all day as, if I remember right, it's over 30 oz. I don't own one of these yet but may give one a try as the price is outstanding at under 30 bucks.

4. redneckchev

redneckchev New Member

State:
    georgia
    well in gonna have to take back everything i said about these reels.while fishing last night i hooked in to a fish and the leg of the reel snapped right off of the main body.so i dont know if it was a manufacturing defect or what but i can tell you one thing i said a few choice words.it felt like it was a pretty decent fish.

5. rerodgers

rerodgers New Member

State:
    arkansas
    i would say it was a manufacturing defect but still i would have to say you got your monies worth out of it you said you have had it for over a year and you did land some good fish with it