Daiwa DF100A Giant fishing reel - Anyone heard about this?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Believer, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Has anyone used this reel? If so, what do you think of it, would it be good for bigger fish like flat heads, blues or spoonies?

Thanks!

Eric

2. catfever

catfever Member

State:
    conway,s.c.
    I bought one, going to try it out this weekend, seems to be a solid reel for the money.

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Everything that I could find,leads me to believe that it would be great.It showed a rating for up to 40 lb.line.Great price.If it lives up to its printed reputation,it will be a awsome reel for the money.peewee-williams

4. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I've got a Daiwa SeaLine 47 SH and it's awesome. It's about the biggest levelwind you can get from this line of reels. It has a higher retrieve ratio than my Abu 7000's and casts alot smoother. It takes less lead to get a really long cast. The only thing is it takes a little more finess than the 7000's to prevent backlash but I've got it down after using it less than one year. It's one of my favorites.

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    It seems to me that this would be a great reel for situations where you need to make extra long casts. As line comes off the fixed spool of a spinning reel, the 'lip' between the wound-on line and the edge of the spool gets larger and larger, causing more and more friction, cutting down the length of the cast. So, if you're using a reel with a small line capacity, a large lip forms very quickly, causing shorter casts; with a reel that has a huge line capacity, like the Daiwa DF100A, a 100 yard cast would only slightly increase the size of the lip, making for the longest possible cast. If you are simply concerned about having a reel strong enough to do the job, you may want to consider a quality reel that's smaller, lighter, and more comfortable to use.

6. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    well i just got my from bps and it looks like a brute the only thing i don't like is that the handle is fixed to the left side of the reels with i don't care for but i will get use it soon i hope