Daiwa Beefstick

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by DAREWOOD11, Jul 9, 2007.

1. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    DOES ANYONE OUT THERE USE A DAIWA BEEFSTICK?? I JUST BOUGHT ONE AND IT WAS CHEAP AND I LIKE IT A LOT SO FAR...ITS KINDA HEAVY BUT VERY TOUGH...JUST CURIOUS AS TO WHAT OTHERS THINK...

ANDY

2. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well my buddy uses one for snagging and he seems to like it a lot for that purpose.

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Ive been wanting one for a while, was going to get one when bass pro opened here but they didnt stock them here:sad2: i got a bday coming up though and i think im gonna email them and see if they cant send a few to the store up my way.:wink:

4. huntduck

huntduck New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I've got one,and would not pay the shipping on another one if it was FREE!!!

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    just wondering did it get damaged in shipping or do you just think its a poor rod?

6. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I own 2,but only use them offshore(salt water).They are very tough for the price though.:0a22:

7. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    My one buddies has two of them and for the price they seem like a quality rod.

8. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Why not?I know you have your reasons.I would like to know what you found wrong with yours.I have the spinning and casting.So far they have been as good a rod for the money as any I have bought in my 50+ years of fishing.They are not $1000.00 quality.I do believe they are better than some $100.00+ rods that I have seen used and I can buy them for around $25.00.They will flip a large Cottonmouth out of the boat and go right on a fishing.They are not a lite dainty rod designed to keep a executive or desk jockey from tiring while casting for bass on a weekend.They are a old fashion,heavy,strong rod that the average working man can afford and if he is use to working physically,he can cast it all day.I would never consider one as a casting rod for my manager,salesman or desk bound fishing friends.Now for bank or boat still fishing,trolling or such,I find them a great rod so far.When I buy a rod to mount a Penn 345 GTI or Okuma Coronado CD90 on,I expect it to be heavy and strong.They are.I would gladly buy more and pay the shipping if I could now afford them.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

9. weebrio

weebrio New Member

State:
    TX
    I have one; 7 foot spinning rod and I like it, very sturdy rod, I snagged the bottom yesterday and I had a chance to pull on it till the line broke, no problems.

10. huntduck

huntduck New Member

State:
    Alabama
    For a rod that is as heavy as this one, I expect more back-bone.When you go to pulling a good one out of heavy cover the line either would get on top of my thumb or go beside it and get below the blank.I had to add two eyes to my rod to keep this from happening.I guess its O.K. now,but if you get one and go after big fish,order some extra eyes to put between for-grip and first factory eye.

This is only my opinion,every one here has one.:eek:oooh:

11. huntduck

huntduck New Member

State:
    Alabama
    If I were going to spend 25.00 on a rod,I most likely would buy a Shakespeare Sturdy Stik before I would put my hard earned money (that I make not behind a desk) on another BEEF STICK!!

12. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i see i got a couple rods like that, i like rods that bend but not like a willow or a pool que. its hard to find a middle ground that the workin man can afford to buy a few of. the best middle ive found cost some coin, 8' h big water boat ugly stik. havent payed attition to the line under load but ill check now. What size beef stick do you have 7' 8.... mh h xh..... ?

13. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    I HAVE AN UGLY STICK 8' BIG WATER BOAT ROD...I LOVE IT! I JUST RECENTLY FOUND THIS 7' HEAVY ACTION BEEFSTICK...IT WAS CHEAP AND STRONG SO I BOUGHT IT...I KNOW WITHOUT EVEN USIN IT YET THAT IT DEFINITELY CANT COME CLOSE TO REPLACIN MY UGLY STIK BOAT ROD BUT ITS ALSO HALF THE PRICE...ITS RATED FOR 20-50 POUND TEST AND 2-8 OZ. OF WEIGHT

14. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm satisfied with my 7' spinning rod. they sure are tough. Why I accidentally left mine sticking out of my truck window and knocked down ten mail boxes before I figured out what the heck was going on.lol:eek:oooh::wink:

15. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Thanks!The info. on the rod is good to know.Each with his opinion is how we help each other on here.Opinions are often based on personal experience like mine and yours with these rods.It sounds like you have found out what I believe about these rods.You were able to bend it more than it was designed to bend without it breaking.Would you let me know rod length,model number,reel,line weight and your maximum drag settings so that I and others could avoid the problem you had,if possible?Due to my handicaps,I now find a slow,limber or less backbone rod more forgiving.That is why I chose the Beef Stick Model No.BF EB 701MHR 7MH 1-5 oz. rod rated for 15-50 lb.line instead of the 30-50 lb.that was available at the time.7 1/2 lb.would normally be the maximum drag setting with fish up to 70 lb.targeted in areas where the 600 yards of 30 lb.mono.on the Penn 345 GTI can be used to advantage.(off shore) My son is happy with this same rod with a 4/0 GL Mitchel reel spooled with 50 lb.mono.I use the rod and drag for the fish to fight.Except for the drag the reel has always been mainly a line holder for me.This setup gave me the widest use range that I could come up with.I expect my son or grandson to use it for the larger faster fish.I use to like and use a rod with more backbone.These rods are built more like a tank than a sports car and are heavy.The limber rods I now use are far more likely to do as yours did with larger fish and excess drag which I no longer can handle.A limber rod won;t handle and is not made to handle heavy drag settings with out modifying it as you did.I have a 16 foot casting rod rated for 25 lb.line that has 15 guides + tip.I use large reels as I have little to no feeling in my hands at times.I believe that the old type solid glass blanks are far more apt to bend this much without breaking than many of our lighter modern rod making materials that just do not have the flexibility.To get such or come close,you have to pay out much money.I have a Mitchel 4/0 GL reel spooled with 60 lb. mono. on a 6 ft.6 in.very heavy glass rod rated for 40-80 lb.line.It only has 3 guides and a tip.That is my heavy cover rig for my son and grandson to use.Thanks again for the imput and help.You done me good.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

16. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Though I have the ability to do so,I have just enough confidence in my wisdom,judgment and intelligence not to make such statements.I have to and always had to really check something out before "I know".I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee.

17. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    HA WELL MY UGLY STIK BOAT ROD IS MY FAVORITE ROD AND IT SATISFIES ME PERFECTLY...IM NOT SAYIN THAT THE BEEF STICK WONT BE GOOD TOO I JUST WOULD RATHER HAVE MY UGLY STIK CUZ ITS LIGHTER FOR ONE...

18. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I can understand the lightness issue now that I am handicapped.When I was a healthy industrial mechanic,I did not have or even comprehend the need for such.I bought one Ugly Stik.It was advertised as the best,unbreakable and considered expensive for the time.It broke due to a defect and they admitted it after I sent it to them and they sent it back as I asked "COD US Post Office" if they were not going to make it good.They said it was a manufactured defect,but the manufacturer,not them was responsible for it.They never would tell me who that manufacture was.I will not do business with anyone who has lied,cheated or refused to stand behind their product with me.I don;t care how good there product is now.I am 62 but have never learned how to "know" things with out really comparing or checking things out.Many claim that ability but it is beyond me,so I have no real understanding of this gift.I think it is a wonderful gift.I wish that I had it.Thanks.I love you Brother.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

19. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
  20. ike9389

ike9389 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I bought a a beedstick and put a 7000ic3 on it . I have had no problem with it and I love it , I have caught 3 to 4ft gar and cats on it and mine is a bf-jb 6661xhr 6ft 6in and it has 8 eyes .