Daiwa Beefstick

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by tulsa_adams, Oct 31, 2009.

1. tulsa_adams

tulsa_adams New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Has any one ever tried,a Beefstick rod.I'm a Catfish Safari man,but I was thinking about getting a couple for my son,to start with.

2. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I don't have one, but I've used one. Man, that's one heavy duty solid fiberglass rod. Maybe good for building up his muscles, but I'd probably look at the Shakespeare Sturdy Stiks, which are also solid fiberglass but a little lighter, or one of the American Spirit Night Sticks, which are very tough hollow eglass rods. Both of of these are in the same price range as the Daiwa rod, maybe even a little cheaper.

3. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    All the beefsticks I have seen where broomsticks.I also like the american spirit rods.They are priced right and have a good action.

4. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i love the beefstick rods i have 3 of them heavy yes worrie about one breaking nope and thats y i like them

5. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo
    i bought a 10footer a couple a weeks ago and i really like it, its really nice for 28 bucks

6. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Is the 10fter solid fiberglass too?

7. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Pat no the 10 fters are halow thay are not near as heavy as the 7 ft. H action rods are

8. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo

no its really light the tag that came on the rod says powerful fiberglass construction. For a 28 dollar rod it feels really nice it will pull anything i catch in, i cant seem to break 15lbs, if your on a budget like i am i think it its a good rod for the money

9. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I wish someone would make a nice solid fiberglass rod in the 8 to 10 ft range.I wouldn,t care how heavy it was!:wink:

10. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo
    ya but you got that hella cool 12ft ugly that thing its so sweet wish i had one like it!!

11. Balex123

Balex123 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah just picked a 6'6" MH Beefstick and i must say it is heavy duty. can barely bend the tip manually and the rod itself is heavy- weight wise. Bolted on a Okuma reel and now I feel like I have a setup to tackle a shark!! bought setup so I can have a heavy duty setup on Ohio river. Haven't used it yet, but it appears to be a solid rod.

12. carp46755

carp46755 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hope you enjoy that setup you got there Bryan.

13. twincatfis

twincatfis New Member

State:
    lincoln nebraska
    i bought two 7 fotter i think last year there way to heavy for me now there sitting in the corner collecting dust lol

14. Balex123

Balex123 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Just to update.. Over the weekend I had the pleasure of reeling in a monster Flathead off my beefstick. Don't have an exact weight but it was 45in long with a girth of 32. some where between 45-55 lbs. I had no problems getting him in. Rod grip length was excellent and I had no worries on the rod end of the deal. Rod provided excellent leverage while reeling in a pig from 60+ feet of water.

15. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    illlook for them next trip to cabelas...they have em right??

16. Balex123

Balex123 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Not sure, if they have it online, probably good chance.

17. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have a few shakespeare sturdy sticks I bought when I was first starting out they are very stong I have also looked at the beef stiks they are heavy

18. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    if its the young un in the pic you cant go wrong with the ugly stick catfish :wink: